Crimson Dragon Tale.

Chapter 28: (your pov)

As the first rays of sunlight filtered through the curtains, I stirred from my slumber and embarked on my morning routine, the same regal routine I had grown accustomed to during my time in the mansion.

I started with a royal bath, immersing myself in warm, fragrant water infused with essential oils. The soothing sensation eased the tension from my muscles, and for a brief moment, I allowed myself to forget the troubles that plagued my mind.

After luxuriating in the bath, I dressed in the elegant attire befitting the mansion's atmosphere, carefully selecting each garment with the precision of a royal attendant.

Once I was dressed, I made my way downstairs, my footsteps echoing softly against the polished marble floors. But as I descended the grand staircase, my eyes fell upon a scene that disrupted the tranquility of the morning.

I was surprised to see Scarlet, the ever-graceful lady of the mansion, she was standing in conversation with her son, Amell. what was she doing here ? When did she return? But Amell's usual was silent kid, but today he was stomping his feets petulantly against the floor.

Y/n: Good morning, Scarlet. Amell, is everything alright?

Scarlet cast me a warm smile, but suddenly her eyes betrayed a hint of frustration as she addressed her son.

Scarlet: Good morning, my dear. Amell here seems to be in a bit of a mood this morning. Isn't that right, darling?

Amell's sulking intensified at the mention of his name, and he crossed his arms defiantly, his expression resembling that of a petulant prince. He was pouting and still looking at a corner.

Y/n: When did you return scarlet ?

Scarlet: Oh yeah, just this morning...

Y/n: Oh really ? Welcome back.

Scarlet: Yes thank you I was here for Actually-

Suddenly Amell started jumping in anger, making scarlet so worried, she looked here and there for witnesses but no one was here, she was relieved.

Amell: It's not fair, Mum! I want to hear about the dragons.... but you won't tell me anything!

Scarlet sighed softly, her patience wearing thin as she tried to reason with her son, but he was not listening to anything, I wonder why is she not telling him a dragon tale.

Scarlet: Amell, darling, you know we mustn't speak of such things. It's not safe, especially not when we are here...

Amell remained unconvinced, his frustration bubbling to the surface as he continued to protest. But what does she mean by especially when we are here ?

Amell: But I want to know about the dragons! Why Not tell mumma ?

Y/n: Lemme tell you-

Scarlet: Aaira lemme handle, Amell, my love, there are some things that are best left unsaid, for your own safety. Trust me, when the time is right, you will learn everything you need to know, you're a princess here and things must stay hidden until it's the right age.

As Amell's frustration reached its peak, tears welled up in his eyes, his bottom lip quivering as he continued to stomp his feet against the floor.

Scarlet: Oh, my sweet Amell, please don't cry. What if someone sees you like this.

Y/n: What do you mean see you like this ?

Scarlet shoots me a surprised glare and gives me an awkward laugh, before looking back at Amell again, But Amell's tears flowed freely now, his tiny frame trembling with emotion as he struggled to articulate his feelings.