Crimson Haunt

Chapter 31: (your pov)

I was still sitting on bed, while i flipped to the next page of her diary, throughout whatever I read felt too real, just like a mirror of what was happening to me, do I have to be concerned about what was happening to me, cause i know something was happening around with Aaira was real bad.

"
Date: September 18, 1816.

Dear journal,

Continuation...

As the afternoon wore on, I remained paralyzed with fear, my mind replaying the horrifying scene of those eyes staring back at me through the keyhole. I held Aimin and Annabelle close, their warmth and innocence a fleeting comfort in the face of the unknown.

Hours passed, each one dragging on endlessly as I waited for Jungkook's return. My heart raced with anticipation and dread, the memory of those eyes burning into my mind like a brand.

And then, finally, I heard it - the sound of footsteps echoing in the hallway of this haunted mansion, the familiar cadence of Jungkook's stride. Relief washed over me like a tidal wave as I rushed to the door, my voice trembling with emotion.

But i couldn't find him there so I went downstairs,

"My lord! Oh, thank goodness you're back!"

I said But as I flung open the door, there I saw him sitting with some of his colleagues and my smile dropped. I know i shouldn't have come here in the first place, but now what could I have done.

He gave me a glare from his seat, and I knew I had made a grave mistake, but what could I have done at this moment? He stand from his seat quickly and close the door on my face with a thud without a word.

I decided to still wait for him as I reached the sofa room, I waited and waited until he was there in our chamber, i quickly went to him and hold him tight in a warm hug, he hugged me back with a smile.

I started telling him everything, without sparing a glance at him, and he listened to me quitely. But as i looked at him he was looking at me with a serious expression as if he's trying to believe what I'm saying but couldn't believe what I'm saying.

My relief turned to despair as I saw the disbelief etched on Jungkook's face. No matter how much I tried to convince him of what I had seen, he simply refused to believe me, his skepticism a bitter pill to swallow.

Jungkook: "Aaira, what are you talking about? There's no one here, it's just your imagination running wild again."

His words cut through me like a knife, his disbelief a crushing blow to my already fragile psyche. But no matter how hard I tried to make him understand, he remained steadfast in his conviction that nothing was amiss.

"I'm telling you, My lord, I saw them! Those eyes staring back at me through the keyhole... They were real!"

But Jungkook merely shook his head, his expressions were full of frustration and exasperation.

Jungkook: "Aaira, please... You need to stop letting your imagination get the best of you. There's nothing here, I'll checked the entire house."

Tears welled up in my eyes as I realized that no matter what I said, Jungkook would never believe me. With a heavy heart, I retreated back into our chamber, the memory of those eyes still haunting my every thought.

As Jungkook entered our chamber and sat beside me, his presence brought a fleeting sense of comfort amidst the chaos that surrounded us. But as I tried to explain what had happened, his response shattered any hope I had of him believing me.