Crimson Catalyst.

Chapter 29: (your pov)

As the alcohol dulled my senses and the room began to spin, I was still sitting in my place, I heard the sound of footsteps approaching. I quickly gulped my Saliva , who's there and what if ? What if they heard what I was saying ?

Through the haze of my drunken stupor, I could make out the figures of an unfamiliar woman and an unfamiliar man, all in their fifties, and another unfamiliar woman in her thirties accompanied by Scarlet, the matriarch of the mansion.

Panic surged through me, and my head spinning more as one of the women, elegant and regal, reached out and grasped my shoulder with surprising strength. She hold my shoulder tightly when she was looking straight in my eyes.

Woman: Aaira, my dear, what on earth are you doing?

Her voice was laced with concern and disapproval, her tone was sharp and commanding. My mind raced as I struggled to formulate a coherent response, but the words caught in my throat, slurred and unintelligible.

She started brushing my clothes with her hands, started hiding those wrinkles, she was still holding my shoulders so tight, that I could feel her fingers peircings through my skins.

Woman: What have you done, what is this behaviour, Aaira ?

Who is she now ?

Y/n: I-I...

I stammered, my cheeks flushed with embarrassment as I tried to steady myself. The alcohol's smell must have entered her nosestril, cause I smell badly like alcohol, she scrunch her nose and steps a little back, The one in her thirties gasp, placing her hand in front of her mouth in surprise. But the room continued to spin.

Woman: This behavior is unbecoming of a lady of your stature. Have you forgotten your responsibilities? Have you lost it ? Your brain and everything?

Her words cut through the fog of my inebriation, piercing me with their sharpness. I could feel Scarlet's disapproving gaze burning into me, her disappointment was visible in her gaze, she quickly called our for the maids.

Scarlet: Maids, House keeping, come on be quick with a hangover soup please.

Y/n: I-I'm sorry...

I mumbled, my voice barely audible for anyone as I struggled to maintain my composure. But it was too late-the damage had been done, and I knew I had let everyone down. Like the girl Aaira was not even allowed to drink, oh gosh it's really, stressful. I scratched the back of my neck, not looking at them.

The woman's grip tightened on my shoulder, her eyes boring into mine. I could feel the weight of her expectations pressing down on me, crushing me beneath their suffocating embrace. The other woman in her thirties, who has been gasping for a while now, continued.

???: This behavior will not be tolerated, Aaira. You are a member of this family, and you will conduct yourself accordingly. Wasn't that the rule ? Have you lost your mind ? Tell me, does drinking alcohol suit a girl like you?People would do anything to get to the position you hold and here you are, look at yourself, so disgusting.

I nodded meekly, my head swimming with a potent of shame and remorse. What could I reply to her, why in the hell she was not even allowed to drink, it's pretty common isn't it ? In our generation, drinking, having fun; wait it's not my timeline, Argh.

Y/n: Yes... I understand... I'm sorry.

My voice was barely audible for their ears, they all were looking at me with so much disdain, being you had done nothing to me Aaira, other than bringing so much disdain, hate, responsibilities, assumptions, and assaults.