His Crimson Figure.

Chapter 34: (your pov)

As I turned away from the window, the message on the glass sent a cold shiver down my spine. "6 more days to go, Until the truth is out." The words echoed in my mind, and I knew I had to act quickly. Someone knew my secret, and I couldn't afford to wait for the deadline.

I needed to get back to her diary. It was my only link lately, What the hell was even wrong lately, and I couldn't leave it behind, Did Aaira ever feel something after that incident too? Or did Aaira have her own secrets too that the person was talking about disclosing, I don't really think so anyone knows about my secret, so it must be...

Argh, everything is too complicated.

Taking a deep breath to steady my nerves, I made my way back to Jungkook's room. The door creaked softly as I pushed it open, and I tiptoed inside, my heart pounding in my chest.

Jungkook lay on the bed, his chest rising and falling with the rhythm of his breath. I moved cautiously, every step calculated to avoid making any noise. The diary lay on the bedside table, within arm's reach of him. As I approached, my fingers itched to grab it and flee, but I knew one wrong move could wake him up and ruin everything.

I reached out slowly, my hand trembling slightly as I grasped the diary. Just as I pulled it toward me, Jungkook stirred. I froze, holding my breath, watching his face for any sign of waking. After a few tense moments, he settled back into his slumber, and I exhaled quietly, relief washing over me.

Clutching the diary to my chest, I tiptoed out of the room and closed the door behind me. Once in the safety of the hallway, I allowed myself to breathe normally again. I hurried back to my room, I locked the door and sat on the bed, flipping open the diary with shaky hands.

Aaira's neat handwriting filled the pages, a mix of thoughts, observations, and plans. I skimmed through the entries, searching for the last entry I read. My eyes landed on the pages again stained with tears again, and there was a piece of newspaper, or a flyer, I don't know.

"
Date: September 26, 1816,

Dear journal,

In the afternoon.

I needed fresh air, some space to think and process everything that had happened. My head still throbbed with pain, and the events of last night played on a loop in my mind. I decided to step out onto the balcony, hoping the cool breeze would bring some clarity.

As I stepped out, my eyes widened in horror at the sight before me. The Assassin's lifeless body was hanging in front of the main door of our mansion, his crimson figure, a grotesque display for all to see. A crowd had gathered outside the gate, their murmurs and whispers creating a low hum of chaos.

The scene sent a wave of nausea through me, my stomach churning as I struggled to comprehend the brutality of it all, the sight was so horrible, I couldn't even stand there. My head pounded with renewed intensity, the pain blurring my vision and making it difficult to focus.

Suddenly, I felt strong arms wrap around me from behind, pulling me into a comforting embrace. Jungkook's familiar scent enveloped me, and I leaned back into his chest, seeking solace in his presence.

Jungkook: "Aaira, don't look,"

He whispered softly, his voice filled with concern as he gently turned me away from the gruesome sight.

"I... I didn't know they would do this,"

I stammered, my voice shaking as I clung to him.