Chapter Ten

Thinking

"Signing"

Telepathy

Della's POV:

After what felt like forever we were able to get to Akari. It took a bit for Elwin to be able to get her fever down but when he did it was a lot easier to deal with the fading. All we have to do now is decide what we're going to do.

"Everything that has happened in the last hour or so is to never be mentioned to anyone. It is classified and no one should talk about it with anyone. Not even spouses." Counselor Emery said after we got the burn marks fixd. "What are we to do with the girl? We can't just leave her like this, that's a forbidden ability!" One of the other counselors said.

I will not let them harm her. She just manifested and needs help! They can't think it's ok to banish her right?

"We will have to think of something. Because we can't let the public know about her ability." Emery responds. "No." Everyone freezes and looks over to where the voice came from. Fintan did not look happy at all. "You will not suppress her ability. If you do it would not only kill her but hundreds of others. Her fire is different." He looks deep in thought with that last part. What does he mean different? "We can't just let her go around setting things on fire!" The same counselor from earlier said voice full of fear. But Emery ignores him. "You said her fire is different. What do you mean? How so?" He looks genuinely curious. "You saw how both water and wind only made it stronger. The girl's fire is like no other. It's stronger than any other fire we have ever seen. Even Everblaze. I don't know what her ability is but it's not pyrokinetic." Not pyrokinetic? Stronger than Everblaze? What is her ability? There were several gasps when he said this. But I can't really blame them. "What do you suggest we do then Fintan? You are the specialist when it comes to fire." After a few minutes of silence, it's broken when Elwin comes out of her room. "Whatever you decide doesn't matter. Because he is correct, we can not under any circumstance block her fire. Someone has already been blocking it for years and another second of that and she's dead." Now that shocked many in the room. "Someone was blocking her fire?" I asked worried for Akari.

"Yes, I don't know who but someone was blocking it. Not only that but they also blocked her other ability." "Other ability?! She has more than one?!" Several people were speechless at that. "I don't know what it is or if it's her only one, but it's not a weak ability that's for sure. They put so many blokes on that one it was difficult to even tell it was there. I only found it because her cells were so tired from the blokes." Now that pissed me off. And I don't think I was the only one.

WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING!?!

We were all really quiet after that. Many of us were pissed, but some worried about what will come next. "That is reason enough to allow her to learn to control her ability. Or abilities." Fintan was the one to break the silence this time. "What are you suggesting? WHo would trane her? Because I agree, we can not allow her to go on without learning to control her ability." Emery sounded pretty determined to help her. There was another silence.

"I will. I'll train her to control it so she won't lose control and cause whatever that was again." "Are you sure you're up for that? You did say her fire was stronger than anything we have ever seen." "Yes Emery I'm sure. What is her Foxfire schedule like? We can find a time when she's free to have her come to my place to work." There was an awkward silence after he asked that, with many people looking down at the floor. "About that, she didn't get enough votes to go to Foxfire and will be starting at Exillium on Monday." Kenric decided to break the silence this time. Wait what? I didn't know that! Why didn't she get enough votes? "Fine when she is done with her work for the day at Exillium then she is to come to my house to work on her fire. And then go wherever she is staying." Fintan did not look very pleased with what they decided, but I can't blame him because I feel the same.

After what felt like an eternity of arguing and finally coming to terms with what Fintan said, everyone left. But not before one more warning to everyone not to say a word about what happened.

I started cleaning up the room and fixing everything with the help of Elwin. And after we finished he had to go. Luckily he left at the perfect time because Biana got back right after he left.

She and I were talking when Alden came back with Sophie and Fitz. "Welcome home dear! Your files were sent to your office. And the council declined our offer but exempted Grady and Edaline." After I had said that Alden looked sad, but then went to make a few calls. As he did that I talked to the kids and then told Biana to come and help me with dinner.

This is going to be a very long night.