Chapter Nineteen

Thinking

"Signing"

Telepathy

Writing

The next few days were mostly the same, me going to school first and sharing my food with the girl and her friend who I think I'm finally starting to grow on, then going to work on my fire with Fintan as I've learned his name is. I would then come home and "talk" with Sophie about all I did and learned. There were a few times that I would just stay up all night helping the gnomes with the animals but other than that nothing has really been going on. Except for today.

I didn't have fire practice because Fintan had things to do today. So after I finished my day at school I took my magic wand, or path finder as it's really called but that's boring, out and went home. I don't really feel like Heavenfield in my home but at the same time it's where Sophie is, so.

As soon as I arrived I noticed Gredy trying to feed Verdi. So I went over to help. I was still in my school outfit and most likely looked ready to kill someone but the gnomes were used to seeing me like this. As soon as Verdi saw me she got really excited. Like I said I've been spending the nights with the animals and we found out that our resident dino girl loves me.

I grabbed some of the food in the bucket that Gredy had when I passed him and made my way to my dino girl. Man, I love this. Seeing me walking over Verdi kept trying to jump on me. But I was used to this and expected it, and was able to duck under her arm and around to her side. I then took the food in my hand and offered them to her like they were treats. Not realizing that they were the same from what Gredy had she immediately chomped down on them straight from my hand. Laughing or trying to, I rubbed her head and looked over to the rest of the party.

Looking at them from the side I see that Edaline was out here helping too.

"Well would you look at that! Looks like we have our very own Verdi magician!" Gredy had said after getting over his original shock.

"Looks like it.." Edaline added, sounding almost sad. I will never know why though.

Deciding to ignore it I just smiled at them even though I had my mask on you could see that I was happy through my eyes.

"Hey kiddo, what are you doing back so soon? School doesn't end for like another hour I thought?" I was about to respond by signing but then remembered that they didn't know sign.

Grabbing my bag I got my notebook out of it and started writing. I then walked over and showed him.

I finish school earlier then Soph does, but I usually have practice after school hence why I get back so late. However He had things to do today so I got a break.

"Practice? What are you practicing? I thought Exillium had longer classes." Gredy looked really confused after I showed him my book, so did Edaline but she didn't really talk to me much. Confused myself, I started writing again.

I can't practice my ability at school because they don't worry about abilities there so I go to this guys house after school to work on it. That way I don't lose control again.

"That's great! I didn't know you had manifested already! What's your ability?" Gredy looked really happy for me as did Edaline. She just looked more tired though. Trying to think of what to say because I was told by Della that I can't tell anyone about my fire, I wasn't even supposed to tell Sophie but we tell each other everything. And I mean everything. Even about our crushes.

I have an element ability so I have to be careful to keep it in control and not give in to it. That's why I have practice everyday instead of just Tuesdays and Thursdays like Sophie and everyone else with an ability.

"Yeah, that makes sense. So that's why you get back so late. Good to know." I could tell that Gredy was still curious on which element ability I had but decided to not push, which I was really glad about.

After we had finished feeding Verdi we all headed in. I had been trying to build up the courage to ask them for a few days now and finally decided that I was done waiting. So I walked into the kitchen where they both were after I had showered and changed. I then taped on Grady's shoulder to get his attention and showed him my notebook.

I know that this is your house and you decided who can come and go, but I was wondering if I could invite a friend I made at school over. She's been nothing but kind to me since I started there and I wanted to get to know her and her friend more. Seeing at it's almost the weekend I thought it would be ok? If not that's totally fine! Don't feel pressured to say yes just because I live with you now!

It took a minute for Gredy to respond but when he did he looked almost sad. Weird, I wonder what I said that made him look like that.

"Of course you can invite your friend over. Akari you live with us now and this is your home too. You can have your friends over whenever! We want you to feel comfortable with us! Yours our daughter now just as much as Sophie is. We might not be close now but we do care about you girls. So yes, go ahead and invite your friends over all you want." I stood there frozen for a second as I let that sink in, then not thinking I raped my arms around him. I could feel his body tense for a sec before he relaxed and hugged me back.

After a minute we let go and I smiled up at him before running upstairs to read and relax for a bit, tell Soph gets back and we can hangout.