Chapter Eighteen

Thinking

"Signing"

Telepathy

We ended up working levitating again when we got back, I didn't really care though because I thought it was fun. And soon the day was over and we were all led to an open area where we were given beads for the next day. As soon as I had gotten mine I grabbed it ignoring the zap I got and put it on my necklace I had gotten the other day. I then pulled out the crystal that Della had given me saying that I was to go to wherever this led after school so I could work on my fire. She had talked to me the other day about what happened and that the guy who lived here was to help me control my fire ability. I then looked eyes with the girl from earlier and nodded at her and her friend before leaving.

I soon appeared in a field of tall grass that went up to my knees. Looking around I saw a garden to my right and a small nice looking house to my left. Not wanting to be late I walked to the house and knocked on the door. It took a minute but the door was soon opened by the same guy who helped me that day. He had long blond hair and pointy ears. He was wearing a plain long sleeve shirt with black pants and boots.

"Good, you're here. Come one, we have a lot to go over today." He then led me inside and to the living room where it looks like he had set up for us. We both took a seat then he started to explain the many rules of our ability and why many see it as dangerous. Which I can see why but at the same time it's not the abilities fault that people neglected learning how to control it. He then started to talk about the fundamentals on fire and that I was very lucky to have such strong fire.

After what felt like forever he finally started to demonstrate how to call the fire. He then had me do the same and then went the extra mile and told me to make a shape out of the flame. It took me a few tries but I soon had made several butterflies out of fire. They looked really cool! After seeing that he had me try something bigger and I made a dog. We ended up doing this for a bit when he finally called it a day and said that he would see me tomorrow. Not wanting to burden him any longer I got up and left after waving goodbye. I then pulled the wand-like thing that Della had also given me saying the counsel wanted me to have it so I could get back and forth as needed in case I lost the crystal. I then put in the way to get home and was whisked away back to Heavenfield.

As soon as I got there I walked into the house and went upstairs to our room where I found Sophie doing what looked like school work. Wanting to scare her I walked quietly behind her and then jumped on her making us both fall over. "Dang it Akari! I was just about to finish my homework!" Sophie said trying to be mad but failing because she was laughing too hard. I just looked at her and smiled. "Ew go shower you smell like smoke. You get no cuddles till you're all cleaned up. And then I want to hear all about your day." Not wanting to lose the chance for cuddles I quickly get up and run for the bathroom and quickly jump in the shower. I could still hear Sophie laughing as I got out and changed. I was now in dark gray sweatpants and my usual dark purple hoodie. I walked out and over to Sophie who was at her desk still reading. I then grabbed her hand and pulled her up. "Ok! I'm coming! Jeez you don't have to pull me." Shaking her head she gets up and walks to the bed and pulls me with her so I'm in her arms with our stuffed friends next to us. I then started to show her all of my memories of the day so she could see all that I did. She just silently watched and would comment every so often when I did something stupid. We soon fell asleep after she talked and showed me about her day. Both content with the other one next to them and ready for the next day to come.