Chapter Sixteen

Thinking

"Signing"

Telepathy

Waking up I find that it's only been about four hours since I went to sleep. But knowing me I won't be able to go back to sleep. So like any normal person, I go down stairs and get something to eat and then go back to my room. Still not tired I go to the closet and grab my bathroom bag that someone had gotten for me when they got our stuff. After a bit of searching and a lot of trial and error, I finally can say that I have made the best decision of my life.

My once plane brown hair now has red highlights with the tips being a fiery red. I look amazing. But not only did I dye my hair but I also found all my jewelry and put in my dagger shaped earrings with my many rings to go with the look. And while I was doing all this I also got into my new school uniform and let me tell you with my new hair and all my jewelry I look like an assassin! With all black leggings and a long sleeve shirt, I even got these really cool black boots that look like a Rockstar's dream!

As I was looking at myself in the mirror, Sophie's alarm went off and she started getting ready. As she showers I finish getting ready by putting on my mask that the school has us all wearing for some odd reason but I'm not complaining because it's very similar to the one I wear on a daily basis. Soon Sophie comes out of the bathroom and looks at me for the first time today. Shaking her head she continues getting ready for her school day. It's still pretty sad we won't be going to school together.

Just as I put on my cloak they gave me, I turn to see Sophie all dressed in this dark blue mini skirt with black leggings and a matching vest with a shoulder length cape. A cape! Seeing her I can't hold it and end up laughing but you can't hear me due to my damaged vocal cords. The only way you know I'm laughing is because I'm hunched over holding my stomach with tears in my eyes. Annoyed with me, Soph snakes the back of my head and goes to finish getting ready.

After finally calming down I head downstairs to grab something to eat and get the door for Dex who came to take Sophie to school. He's so kind. Like a love sick puppy. As they are talking I grab my breakfast and a small snack for later in case my blood sugar gets low and put it in my bag.

And with that all done I quickly give Sophie a hug and wave goodbye to both her and Dex and head out with my bead. As soon as the light hits the bead I'm whisked away and taken to my new school. Let's hope it's a fun day.