Chapter Thirteen

Thinking

"Signing"

Telepathy

When we got there we were met with the sounds of a not so happy animal. Sophie ended up having to drag me along because I was too distracted by the animals that were around us. We eventually found where the very upset animal sounds were going from, which just so happened to be a dinosaur. A flippen dinosaur!! I want to pet it! Let me pet it!!

I think Soph knew what I was going to do, cause she grabbed the back of my hoodie. Rude. I just wanted to pet the fluffy looking dono! Glaring at Sophie I got out of her grip and went to the side and started pouting. I don't think Alden noticed because he just continued on talking to the guy that I think is supposed to be our new dad.

We get a fun dad! Yes!! I can finally get away with things!

Not realizing they started to head towards the house I just continued to look at all the animals. There were so many of them! And I'm pretty sure I saw a tiger on our way over here. I want one! Dang it Akari! Get over here! We're supposed to be meaning our new guardians! I jumped when I heard Sophie's voice in my head and looked over to see everyone by the house looking at me. Oops.

Running over I again got lost in my thoughts looking at how pretty things were. When I get to them Soph grabs my hand so I don't run off and I just look at her and tilt my head. Seeing this she facepalms and just continues with the conversation she was having with the two adults. I, on the other hand, was admiring the house. It looked so pretty with a lot of open space and really pretty flowers on the tables in the dining room as well as in the living room. As I'm looking around I see this beautiful woman coming down the stairs. She had the world's prettiest red hair that could rival Lily's from Harry Potter. And was in this beautiful pale purple flowy dress with pale blue sleeves. She looked like a goddess! Too busy admiring the woman I didn't hear her talking to Alden or Sophie. It wasn't until Sophie hits the back of my head that I realized they were looking at me for an answer.

I just looked at all of them not knowing what they had asked. Alden catching onto my confusion has the woman restate the question. "What's your name dear? And would you like to join us for some mallow melt?" She asked, and let me tell you her voice is like an angels. "Hello! My name is Akari Foster! Younger twin too Sophie Foster!" I signed, with Sophie translating. We really need to find a new way to communicate that doesn't make Sophie have to be here 24/7. Agreed, as much as I love you and helping you I won't always be here to help. Forgetting that Soph and I can talk telepathically I jumped a bit. Which made Sophie laugh at me and me glaring at her. Alden and the really pretty looking woman just looked confused but shaking their head led the way to the kitchen.

The kitchen was just as pretty as the rest of the house with a more modern look to it. The woman I know now is named Edaline gave us this really good looking cheesecake looking dessert that tasted a lot like caramel marshmallows mixed with maple syrup. Not my favorite but definitely not the worst I've had. She also gave us some juice that came from seemingly nowhere. It was the best juice I've ever had, even better than apple juice and that's saying a lot seeing as apple juice is the best there ever was. Not long after we got the drinks did the guy named Gredy come back from showering. Both he and Alden had like five slices of the cake thing each. How can they eat that much!? Again I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear what they said. It's fine though I'll just have Sophie tell me tonight when we have our time. Soon Alden had to leave but first he gave Sophie this silver box looking thing, and apologizing for only having one. I just waved him off signing that it's fine and I could borrow Soph's if I needed to.

After Alden had left the atmosphere got pretty tense till Gredy finally decided to take us to our room. Saying they didn't know there were two of us and apologizing about it. Again I signed that it was fine and not to worry about it.

Getting to the room I will not deny that my jaw dropped. Her room took up the entire third floor. The entire floor! Not to mention that the room was a pale pink with flowers all over the floor and stars on the ceiling. It really spoke Sophie. The wall with the door was bookshelves with the bed being in the middle of the room with a half wall behind it still having room on both sides to get to whatever was behind it. My guess was a closet for one part and the bathroom on the other side. The wall on the right was just windows showing the pastures and the hill side, with the wall on the left being a hangout area. It had a fireplace in the middle and three pale purple couches surrounding it. There were also beanbags in the corner by the bookshelf that had a table in the middle for games. And on the other side of the fireplace was a desk for school. It was the best room ever!

"We can add another bed in here or we could give you the room on the second floor.. It's not as big and not as new but we can clean it up.." Edaline said, sounding really sad at the mention of the room on the second floor. I shook my head not wanting to be a bother. "It's fine! I can sleep in the bed with Sophie! It's big enough for like five people so it should be fine!" I really didn't want them to have to worry about another room when there is plenty of room in here. "She's right, we can share the bed. We are fine sharing!" Sophie sounded like she also didn't want to burden them. It took a bit of convincing but they soon believed us and left to allow us to get settled in. And while we were unpacking Sophie was explaining everything that happened with her yesterday. I was close to tears when she got to the part where she was saying goodbye to our family but I held it together.

We then were called down for dinner and had a really awkward dinner then when and got ready for bed. After we both showered and got in our comfy pajamas, we both got into the bed close enough to know the other was there but not close enough to touch. And with our stuffed friends finally went to bed after a long day.