𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢

🟢1981

🟢
1981.
𝙷𝚊𝚢𝚟𝚎𝚗𝙷𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚝.
𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 2k

  ‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈୨୧┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

As the car eased through the gates of Hayvenhurst, Michael tried to soothe your nerves with his comforting words. "Baby, stop being so nervous. It'll be fine," he cooed, his voice a gentle melody in the tense air.

"I can't, Michael. What if they don't like me? What if your mama doesn't like me?" Your voice quivered with worry, your heart pounding in your chest.

He pulled you closer, his arm enveloping you in a reassuring embrace. "Is that better, girl?" His lips brushed against your cheek, sending a rush of warmth through your veins.

You felt a blush creeping onto your cheeks. Michael always knew how to calm your nerves even if it was just the smallest thing.

"Okay, come on. Let's go in," Michael said, taking your hand firmly in his and leading you towards the front door.

"I should be more nervous than you," he admitted as he fumbled for the house key in his pocket, unlocking the door and gesturing for you to enter first.

"Mother, I'm home!" Michael's voice rang out through the house, filled with a mixture of excitement and apprehension.

Katherine, his mother, emerged from the kitchen, her face lighting up with a warm smile as she approached her son. "And who's this beautiful lady here?" she inquired, her eyes turning to you with genuine curiosity.

"Mother, this is my girlfriend," Michael introduced you, a hint of pride evident in his voice.

You extended your hand, but before you could, Katherine pulled you into a warm embrace. "It's nice to finally meet you, Michael has been saying a lot about you," she remarked, her words putting you slightly at ease.

"Oh, he has?" You glanced nervously at Michael, but his smile reassured you more than words ever could.

"Yes, all good things, of course," Katherine affirmed, her eyes twinkling with warmth as she welcomed you into the family fold.

"I was just getting the table ready too. Michael, go get your siblings while I talk to her," Katherine instructed, her voice carrying a motherly authority.

Michael nodded and wandered off, leaving you alone with his mother.

"Come here honey," Katherine beckoned, motioning for you to join her at the table. As you approached, she handed you a stack of plates, and together, you set the table in a comfortable silence.

"How long have you been knowing Michael?" Katherine's voice was gentle, her eyes studying you with maternal curiosity.

"About a year or two now. We've been officially together for two months," you replied, your hands moving mechanically as you arranged the silverware.