𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝙿𝚝.𝚃𝚠𝚘

🔴1984California Word Count:2

🔴
1984
California
Word Count:2.8k

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈୨୧┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

Michael had returned home after a long five months of touring with his brothers. Even after coming back, he was booked and busy, hardly having time for you, only to dive back into his work the next day.

Eventually, Michael took a few days off to spend time with you, to make up for what he had missed—holding you in his arms, your kisses, your love, everything, even the warmth of being close to you.

The phone rang loudly in your bedroom, causing you to groan as you woke up. "Hello?" you said in a raspy voice.

"Hi, baby," Michael said, sounding awake and full of energy.

"Oh, hi Michael," you said, a yawn escaping your lips.

"Did I wake you?" he asked, concern in his voice.

"No, I was already up wrapping gifts," you lied, trying to sound cheerful.

"Oh really? Should I come over and help you?" he asked, a smile evident in his tone.

"If you'd like, but it's nothing much. Most of them are for you anyway. I know you don't celebrate, but I wanted to do something nice for you," you said.

"Aw, baby, that's so sweet of you. Let me tell Bill, and I'll be over soon, okay?" he said.

"Okay, baby," you said as you sat up.

"I love you, girl," Michael said.

"I love you too," you replied.

With that, you both hung up, the anticipation of seeing him again filling you with warmth. You stretched and got out of bed, starting to prepare for his arrival. The thought of having him all to yourself, even for a little while, made your heart race.

A short while later, you heard a knock at the door. You opened it to find Michael standing there, his smile bright and his eyes filled with love. He stepped inside and wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into a tight embrace.

"Hey, you," he murmured into your hair.

"Hey," you replied, feeling the comfort of his arms around you.

He pulled back slightly to look at you, his eyes scanning your face as if trying to memorize every detail. "I've missed this. I've missed you," he said softly.

"I've missed you too, Michael. So much," you said, leaning in for a kiss pushing his fedora down on his face.

The kiss deepened, filled with all the longing and love that had built up over the months. When you finally pulled away, both of you were breathless, smiling at each other.

"I've needed that for so long," Michael murmured, his voice thick with relief as he closed the door behind him.

You took his hand, leading him through the hallway toward the living room where the unwrapped gifts lay scattered beneath the twinkling lights of the Christmas tree. "I don't think there's any point in wrapping them since you're here," you said with a smile.