𝙵𝚞𝚕𝚕 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚗

🔴1982

🔴
1982.
𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚊.
𝙼𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚎𝚕 𝚒𝚜 𝙽𝙾𝚃 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚞𝚜.
𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 2.5𝙺
‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈୨୧┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

As you and Michael left the college football game together, a sense of anticipation hung in the air. He had invited you along, seeking comfort in your company outside the confines of school. Despite his reputation for being shy and occasionally an asshole, you knew him as the sweet boy who greeted you in class and walked you back to your dorm after night classes. But tonight felt different, being alone with him for the first time.

As he drove down the dirt path, the car suddenly sputtered to a stop. "Honestly, we're out of gas," he admitted with a sheepish grin, glancing over at you.

You raised an eyebrow skeptically, even as he attempted to restart the car multiple times. "So... what are we gonna do now?" you asked, looking up at him.

With a shrug, he replied, "I guess we have to walk," retrieving the keys from the ignition and tucking them into his letterman jacket.

He came around to your side, opening the door and gallantly holding your skirt as you stepped out. Together, you walked along the path in silence until you finally spoke up.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you," you admitted, breaking the quiet between you.

Michael glanced at you and licked his lips nervously. "Can I ask you something?"

You nodded, curious. "What?"

"You know I like you, don't you?" he asked, his voice tinged with vulnerability.

"Yes," you affirmed, smiling softly.

"And I hope you like me. The way I like you," he continued, his eyes searching yours.

Again, you nodded, feeling your heart flutter. "Yes."

"I just wondered if... you would be my girl?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper, his lip caught between his teeth.

Overwhelmed with emotion, you threw your arms around him in a tight hug. "Oh, Michael."

He held you close, his embrace sending waves of warmth through you. Pulling away slightly, he reached into his jacket and produced a small box, opening it to reveal a ring. As he slipped it onto your middle finger, you admired its beauty.

"It's beautiful, Michael," you breathed, feeling a rush of emotion.

"Now it's official," he said softly, his expression turning serious as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I have something I want to tell you."

"Yes, Michael?" you prompted, sensing the gravity of his words.

As Michael took a deep breath, his gaze wandered to the sky where the clouds parted, unveiling the full moon and bathing the surroundings in its ethereal glow. "I'm not like other guys," he confessed, his tone serious yet tinged with a hint of anticipation.