𝙲𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐

🟠1996

🟠
1996.
𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝙴𝚕𝚜𝚎.
𝙼𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚎𝚕 𝚒𝚜 𝙽𝙾𝚃 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚞𝚜.
𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 2.4𝙺

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈୨୧┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

As the night sky crept through the curtains, you stirred from your slumber to the gentle touch of Michael's hand on your shoulder. "Wake up, love," he whispered, his voice as soft as a breeze through the woods where you first met.

Groaning softly, you blinked away the remnants of sleep, your mind slowly returning to the present. Michael wasn't just any ordinary boyfriend; he was a vampire, and you, well, you were something different too. You'd always known you didn't quite fit in with the townsfolk, but meeting Michael confirmed it.

Flashbacks of that fateful day in the forest flooded your mind. The townspeople, fueled by fear and ignorance, had sought to rid themselves of Michael and his supposed abnormality. But you intervened, racing to his mansion before the mob could carry out their dark intentions. The look of astonishment on his face when you warned him still lingered in your memory, a mixture of disbelief and gratitude.

Despite his efforts to shield you from his true nature when the villagers stormed his home, you had glimpsed the reality of what he was. The sight should have sent shivers down your spine, but instead, it stirred something within you, a sense of acceptance and understanding.

Now, as you gazed into Michael's eyes, you could see the worry etched in his features. He knew the risk he had taken in revealing himself to you, yet here you were, still by his side. "Are you scared?" he asked, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

You reached out, intertwining your fingers with his, a reassuring smile playing on your lips. "No, Michael," you replied softly, your voice steady. "I'm not scared. I chose this path with you, and I wouldn't have it any other way." And with those words, you reaffirmed your commitment to the unique bond you shared.

"Have you been awake this whole time?" you asked, stretching as you got up and cracked the curtains open, revealing the night sky beyond.

"Your beautiful face kept me awake, my love," Michael replied, his voice carrying a hint of mischief.

Rolling your eyes, you chided him gently. "You can't keep doing this," you said, turning to face him. But as you looked into his eyes, they flickered from their usual brown to a startling shade of red, then back again, causing you to jump.

"Baby, what's wrong?" you asked, concern lacing your words.

"What do you mean? I'm fine," he replied, his gaze meeting yours, yet his eyes betrayed a subtle hint of uncertainty as they flashed red once more.

"Your eyes, they're flashing red," you pointed out, settling back onto the bed in front of him. They flickered again, but this time, it seemed to have little effect on him.