𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎

🟡1991

🟡
1991.
Neverland.
Word Count:2.3K

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈୨୧┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

"Baby," Michael whispered softly in your ear, his voice like a warm breeze.

"Baby, wake up. I'm home," he whispered again, a hint of longing in his tone.

Slowly, you opened your eyes, blinking to adjust to the dim light of the room. There he was, your husband Michael, standing over you with a bouquet of roses in one hand and a huge teddy bear in the other. His face was etched with exhaustion but lit up with a tender smile. Michael had been working tirelessly, day in and day out, often coming home to find you already asleep. He felt a pang of guilt for his late hours, but you had always understood the demands of his career. You knew what you were getting into when you married someone so devoted to his work.

"Michael," you gasped, throwing the covers off and leaping out of bed. You wrapped your arms around him, holding him tightly as if to make up for all the hours you had missed him.

"Hi, beautiful," he murmured, hugging you back just as tightly. His hand cradled the back of your head, fingers threading through your hair. His familiar scent— a mix of cologne and something uniquely him—was intoxicating, making you want to nestle into him and never let go.

You pulled away slightly, cupping his face in your hands. "I missed you," you whispered, your voice thick with emotion.

"I missed you more," he replied, his eyes softening as he gazed at you. "I'm sorry I woke you. I know it's late," he said, kissing your hand gently. "I just wanted to surprise you," he added, holding out the bouquet and teddy bear.

"Thank you, baby, but you didn't have to," you said, sitting down on the edge of the bed, the roses filling the room with their sweet fragrance.

"Yes, I did," he insisted, crouching down to meet your eyes. "You hardly see me," he continued, lifting your chin with a gentle finger and placing a soft kiss on your lips. "But I'm home now," he promised, his voice filled with warmth and sincerity.

You looked into his eyes, seeing the depth of his love for you despite his demanding schedule. "Welcome home," you whispered, pulling him into another embrace, feeling grateful for the moment you shared.

"Thank you, beautiful. Go back to bed, I'll be in soon," Michael said, his voice soothing.

"I can't go to sleep now," you replied, shaking your head with a playful smile.

Michael licked his lips and smiled, "What do you want, girl?"

You wrapped your arms around his neck, your voice dropping to a whisper. "You," you said, gazing into his eyes.

He smiled, an arm sliding around your waist. "Go lay down, babygirl, or do you want to come shower with me?" he asked, his voice a tantalizing mix of suggestion and affection.