Chapter 16

"Camila you don't have to stop at all of the red lights." Lauren groaned playfully.

The younger girl looked away from the screen and frustratingly dropped her controller into her lap. "But you said I did. What the hell, Lauren?"

The older girl laughed at her, setting her own controller down on the coffee table in front of them.

"I was just messing with you. You won't get busted by the cops just for running a red light. You've gotta shoot someone or steal a car to get their attention. Just drive to the destination already while I go get my soda from the kitchen." she instructed, patting the younger girl on the head before getting up from her spot on the couch.

Camila playfully glared at her and shook her head, turning back to the TV screen and slowly maneuvering her car around the traffic and following the little trail on the minimap to the mission location.

So far, things were going well. After the pizza arrived, Camila suggested they play video games, their little conversation in the music room not even coming up again. She suspected that Camila didn't really know what she was doing (despite the fact that Camila insisted that she played these games all the time), so she decided to test her theory. After the younger girl had started a mission for them and began driving them there, Lauren frantically stopped her and told Camila that in GTA if you ran a red light, then the cops would be on you. Nevermind the fact that the game was based entirely on illegal activity. Camila believed her and so was born the world's slowest GTA driver ever.

Lauren was beginning to wonder if it was a mistake choosing this game. She only picked it over COD because she was certain that Camila wouldn't appreciate being called out by twelve year olds on Xbox Live for being a noob and plenty of other inappropriate names. Hell, they'd probably make her cry and Lauren didn't think that was a very fun way to spend their sleepover.

She winced and apologized if she bumped into a car and God forbid she hit someone. She was also the one who insisted on driving them to the missions since Lauren tended to speed a lot and run over any pedestrians that were in their way.

The younger girl was particularly appalled when they were in free roam mode and Lauren had mindlessly mowed down a sidewalk full of people. She received a disapproving look from Camila, but it wasn't enough to make Lauren feel bad. The younger girl would get this cute little frown on her face and her lip would stick out a little bit. It was adorable and well worth the slap on the leg she'd gotten in response and the revoking of her driving privileges. Besides, she knew Camila wasn't seriously upset with her.

Now she was headed back to the kitchen to get her soda and another slice of the Hawaiian pizza that Camila had ordered. She had just picked up her Coke can when a sharp pain shot up her left arm.

She gasped and grit her teeth, trying to shake it off, but the hot pulsing twinges kept on and jolted all the way up her arm. It was like someone had just taken a thin steel rod off of hot coals and shoved it underneath her skin, it was jarring. She was taken off guard, not only by how sudden it was, but also by its intensity. It hadn't been this bad before. Her sodacan fell to the ground, spraying the surrounding area in fizzy sugary liquid, also covering her converse as if the pain wasn't bad enough.

"Lauren?"

Shit, Camila had heard. She really didn't want the younger girl to worry about her being in pain right now. All she needed to do was suck it up long enough to get to her medication in Camila's room.

Not even stopping to answer her, Lauren tiptoed out of the kitchen, avoiding the mess as best she could and ran to Camila's bedroom. Luckily, she'd put her bag right by the bed so she could get to it easily. She held her injured arm awkwardly against her chest and kneeled down, searching frantically through her bag with the other. But as she rummaged through all of the pockets, the little orange pill bottle never made an appearance and Lauren slowly realized that she must've left her meds at her house.