Chapter 25

A/N: I'm on a roll, guys!

-

In the darkness of the viewing room, the only light coming from the glow of the movie playing on the screen in front of them, Lauren wasn't paying one bit of attention to the film.

Oh, she was definitely trying to, but just about thirty seconds ago, Camila had laid her head on Lauren's shoulder.

Was this an issue? Of course not. In fact, Lauren was reveling in the new warmth provided by Camila's presence and had done her best to accommodate the younger girl by lifting her right arm up over Camila's slim shoulders, allowing a more comfortable position. This had become routine over the time they'd known each other.

So no, there wasn't a problem. But Lauren was slowly beginning to remember that when Camila came into physical contact with her in any way, it immediately became harder to concentrate.

Her first reminder came along when she had to talk in a fast and steady stream when discussing her reading with Ally earlier, because Camila was playing with her fingers. Luckily, the brown-eyed girl had stopped since Lauren was pretty close to resorting to gibberish, almost flailing her arms around to prevent the sensation Camila's touch brought about. Not out of discomfort, but a need to sound like a literate human being.

And when Tori and Jordan had played their little prank on them when they first got downstairs, only a little more than half of Lauren's loud response could be attributed to shock. A good, maybe forty percent of the reason for her increase in volume was due to the tingles that went up her right arm when Camila gripped onto her.

And now, she was experiencing the same difficulty with her self control, except it was ten times more effective now that Camila was full-on cuddling with her. Was this always going to happen?

Not that Lauren minded. She just wanted to know how to function with it so she didn't embarrass herself in public.

"Why is your heart beating so fast?" Camila whispered, apparently having lifted her head up to Lauren's ear.

The older girl cleared her throat awkwardly, a slight shiver racking her spine at the feeling of Camila's breath on her neck.

"Uh, I don't know. This scene is a little intense, I guess," she whispered back.

Well, that had been a gamble. And of course, she was wrong about the scene being intense.

They were watching Easy A per almost every girl in the room's request and Jordan's enthusiastic thumbs up when it was suggested. And the scene playing was the one where Olive and Brandon were pretending to have sex.

Yeah, a really intense scene, she thought with a roll of her eyes at her dumb excuse.

Camila seemed a little confused as well, but more amused than anything.

"So...you get all excited and nervous at a straight girl and a gay guy making sex noises at the top of their lungs?"

And yeah, Lauren couldn't really get mad at her for teasing. She'd opened the door up for that one. Why didn't she just fess up to her inability to control herself while being all up close and personal with her girlfriend?

Well, after some consideration, she figured it was because she knew just how much Camila loved seeing the annoyingly mushy side of her. The last thing Lauren wanted was to have that part of herself on display in front of their friends.

Dinah especially.

"It's a..." Lauren tried, but just sighed when she came up with squat. "Nevermind."