Chapter 24

A/N: And we're back! I'd like to say right off the bat that I apologize for the focus on the side ships. The next chapter is mainly Camren. But for you Norminah lovers and maybe Tori/Jordan fans (Jori? Tordan? Should we have a vote?), y'all should enjoy this.
Edit: added a pic of Tori and Jordan cuz why not

-

Dinah really hated this. She hated that she couldn't flat out tell Normani her feelings about their whole friends with benefits setup.

It was clear that Normani had caught onto her being more distant and the last thing Dinah needed was for the girl to start asking questions she wasn't even sure she had clear answers to.

In contrast to her own relationship issues, Camren (yes, she'd finally come up with a ship name) was cuter than ever it seemed. 

After finally arriving at The Village, they were met by Zayn who took them to the lobby of the small theater. There they also ran into Camila and Lauren. Zayn said they should chill in the lobby and wait for Jordan and Tori to get back from their little tour before he showed them where he really wanted to hang out.

While waiting, Dinah couldn't help but notice Camila and Lauren and how cute they were being. The two were near the others, but off in their own little world, holding hands and occasionally whispering into each other's ears. She'd even caught Lauren sneaking a kiss onto Camila's cheek. 

And the older girl had yet to remove her arm from around Camila's waist. It wasn't a tight grip since she was still wearing her cast, but it stayed put nonetheless. It was like they were meant to be together.

A heavy sigh involuntarily left her lips as she thought about the couple. Why couldn't she have that?

It was then that Dinah knew what she wanted with Normani. Her feelings were a little easier to understand now. 

Yes, she did want what Camila and Lauren had, but she wasn't sure what was holding her back...until that annoying voice in the back of her head began ranting away again.

Dinah was afraid. And not of what this meant for her sexuality and her relationship with her family or her reputation, but what Normani would think. 

This whole time she'd been terrified of getting serious with Normani, because she didn't know where the girl stood.

And it didn't help that she was too nervous to ask.

She watched as Normani and Ally laughed at something that she'd been too distracted to hear. It wasn't until she felt Normani's curious brown eyes watching her that she at least tried to look present.

"But yeah, my dad's crazy. The good kind of crazy though." Ally finished after calming down.

Normani chuckled a bit more, but didn't look very interested in the conversation anymore. In fact, she was looking straight at Dinah, an eyebrow raised as if asking her a question.

That's when Dinah realized that, in her contemplation, she'd been involuntarily staring at Normani the whole time, save for the few longing glances she threw at Camila and Lauren. 

Ugh, that was embarrassing. She probably looked like a creep.

"Um, I'm gonna go see if I can remember where the bathroom is. Do you guys need to go?" Normani said suddenly, beginning to back away from them as she did.

Dinah could hear Ally saying no, but she knew from the look on Normani's face that, for her, it wasn't an option. She'd be going whether she needed to or not.