Chapter 19

She already missed Camila's house. Her wrist was hurting again and although she'd taken more medication for it, her prescription wasn't working as well as the antidepressants that had luckily been available at Camila's. Lauren made a mental note to talk to her doctor about it as she one-handedly unpacked her dirty clothes from her overnight bag and put them into the hamper.

Upon her return home, Lauren realized that the house was completely empty. Natasha usually only stayed long enough to make breakfast and make their beds on Sundays; the rest of the day she was off. Her mother was nowhere to be found. Her dad usually used Sundays to go out and play golf with his friends or hide away in his office. And he wasn't home, so he was most likely at the golf course.

When was the last time they actually went to church as a family? She could only recall a couple of trips after Charlotte outed her and then another few after Chris was sent off to boot camp. That had been forever ago.

After emptying her bag, Lauren decided to go down to the movie room. She didn't really want to watch anything, but she'd at least have some place private to lounge around and think for a while before her parents returned home. There was just too much on her mind at the moment.

Everything that had happened in the past couple of days seemed to finally be hitting her and she was finally alone to process it.

The most significant thought that kept plaguing her mind was Camila. She really missed Camila even though it had only been close to an hour since she'd seen her. After their midnight breakfast dinner, they sat together on the floor in the family room where Camila had fallen off of the couch, talking and cuddling and really just enjoying the small amount of time they had left.

There was a constant air of closeness that hadn't left once the entire night. And now, under the dim lights of the back row of the Jauregui home theater, Lauren tried to fight off the loneliness she felt by focusing on the feeling of Camila in her arms instead of the sharp twinges that pulsed under her skin as her wrist pain continued.

[Earlier that morning}

Camila was soft. So smooth and soft and warm. Lauren wondered how she could ever let the girl go again.

They were sitting together on the floor of the Cabello family room. Camila was settled between Lauren's legs and her arms were wrapped around the smaller girl's torso. Lauren's chin was resting on her shoulder, the perfect position for getting a whiff of the girl's shampoo and observing her while she picked lightly at the loose plaster from the edges of Lauren's cast.

Camila was leaning back into her chest, her head turned to rest just shy of the crook of Lauren's neck as they watched Friends reruns. After their late night breakfast, neither of them could sleep, so they sat up talking and watching TV and sharing occasional kisses.

Lauren smiled fondly, just now registering that this was the position that she usually had with her "boyfriend" only reversed. But Camila fit very well in her lap and she enjoyed the feeling of her slender fingers toying with her cast. She was easily entertained by resting her chin on the girl's shoulder and watching her little activity. Hell, she wasn't even sure what episode they were watching. Camila was just too distracting.

What made it even better was the fact that every time Lauren hummed a little in contentment with their current position, Camila would unconsciously lean a little further into her and Lauren would adjust her arms accordingly. Camila was pretty much glued to her at this point.

It was perfect and Lauren didn't want to go home.

By now the sun had risen and it reminded her that it was Sunday and soon she'd have to return to her house where her parents would be waiting. She dreaded telling her mother that she'd be staying with her dad, but at the same time she was excited to put the decision behind her. And the only way to do that was to make it final.