Chapter 10

Malachi 

"Fucking shit." I rubbed my neck where I had been injected. I was sitting up from the rock-hard bench that I had been laid on. My brain was a cloudy mess and I was in an interrogation room. 

It wasn't like I hadn't been here before. This room just appeared less plain and more comforting. It was probably for less threatening targets or people considering it had quite a lot of furniture and there were no handcuffs on me. I mean I could be threatening if I truly wanted but at the same ti,me the only clear coherent thought that was running through my brain is trying to keep Daniella safe.

She has been through enough shit the last thing she needs to have done to her is to relive those god awful memories. No more specifically watching her family die right in front of her, without her being able to help him. That is the worst thing that she could currently be experiencing. I watched the mirror that I knew was fully well held by at least one person on the other side. 

To my honest surprise the door swung open hitting the wall. Well that was sure violent. "It is nice to see ya Kai." Officer Chase said to me. 

"Usually ya' aren't the one in here though. So what did ye do." He was missing a few teeth which made his words slur a little together but it didn't matter. He sounded kinda funny but at the same time his scary appearance made up for his voice. "I was trying to defend a ladies honor."

"Oooh so you finally got ya'shelf a lady."

"Not quite. She is Reg's cousin."

"Oh she is related to da little fighter ye?" I nodded my head. 

The whole reason that we knew each other was because of Reg. He ended up being a witness or locked up here after beating someone up for the right reasons. By the right reasons I mean saying something mean about his family. Then just like that the guy is a few teeth less or one bruise more. "So why are ya defending ye little friend?"

"Some KMAD agents were accusing her of murder. They think that she could murder her own cousin. Can you believe that?" I rubbed my hands over my face, trying to calm down. 

Key word is trying. It was really pissing me off that they could even think such things. "I can't believe it. Do ya think that they may be-" He was cut off when the door swung open again and out cam " Dad?"

"Hello Kai." I watched my father come into the interrogation room and lean against the wall or more specifically the glass. "Wait, it was your team that was called in?" I stood up and slammed my hands on the table. He simply stood there looking disappointed and curious. I get why he would be disappointed but why would he look curious? "Since this is a big case, yes we were the ones called in. Now what do you know about Daniella Guto?"

"I know that she isn't a killer." I am usually not this snappy with him. What can I say? I get defensive over my friends. "Good for you. Now what else do you know about her?"

"Well I know that she watched her cousin get killed. Or at least that is what she told me." My dad's gaze softened. "Do you think that maybe you could get her to talk?"

"Maybe, but she most likely wouldn't want to relive that at all. You have to remember that most people would want to not relive it." He sighed and then another officer entered the interrogation room. Geez, why was this specific room so popular? 

"Hey Cap, the girl is freaking out. Agent Rit seems to have agitated her."

"You know what. Kai get your ass up and follow me." I followed my father out of the interrogation room. Officer Chase was right behind me.