𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

"Okay, now that you're back from the hospital, it's time for the grand reveal

"Okay, now that you're back from the hospital, it's time for the grand reveal." Cheyenne said, pulling me into the kitchen as soon as I walked through my front door.

She insisted on me closing my eyes and made me wait about two seconds before instructing me to open them again. "So? What do you think?"

"It's different. Makes you look so much younger, so much cuter." I chuckled in amusement, taking a couple of steps closer to her to touch the short hair adorning her head.

"Rufaro will have a lot to say about this." I told Cheyenne as I ran my fingers through her hair, so much shorter than I was used to, but still drawing my attention to it as soon as she removed the bucket hat she'd had on all day. It had been a week since she cut it and this was the first time I got to see it in person.

"I know," Chey giggled, her chin tilting up so she could look me in the eye. "I'll cross that bridge when I get there. For now, what does Faro's daddy think about the cut?"

"He loves it." I followed my words with a peck on the tip of her nose. "Though you could have instant noodles on your head instead of hair and he'd probably still love it."

"That's disgusting." she laughed and wrinkled her nose adorably. "But thank you."

"I missed you, msichana mrembo." I whispered into her ear, hands travelling down her back to my favourite part of her body.

"You missed me in the few hours you were gone? You've been with me all day." she giggled and shook her head.

"I miss you as soon as we part ways. Always." I mumbled against her lips, her mouth opening in time with mine for the kind of kiss I'd been fantasising about everyday since our little trip to Musomi a week earlier.

After the court declared Latoya's innocence, Cheyenne booked a week-long vacation for the two of them to get away for a while. They spent their week at a resort in the outskirts of Kisho Valley, a getaway that was overdue for both of them.

Now that she was back, it was my turn to have her full attention and I'd wasted no time inviting her over in the morning, the two of us spending most of my day off in the living room, catching up on life and our usual kissing and touching until I'd gotten a call from the hospital and had to leave her for a few hours.

"I did something while you were gone," she told me now, grinning suspiciously as she grabbed my hands in hers and tugged. I wondered what she could have possibly gotten done in the time I spent treating one of my regular patients at VCH.

For the second time in less than ten minutes, I was told to close my eyes, Cheyenne moving us slowly into the living room, where I could smell the delicious aromas of some sort of food and one of the scented candles she loved splurging on.

"Tada!" she said in an excited squeal, her cheeks a warm peachy colour as she waited to get my reaction. I took my eyes off her and took in the DIY tent she'd somehow made with two of my white sheets. She'd lined its entrance and interior with some of the fairy lights I used to decorate the Christmas tree during the festive season.