𝑬𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

Dedicated to rattys21 & Skai9876

To everyone who made it this far into Cheylex's love story, thank you for all the love and support, the reads, the comments, the votes. I appreciate each and every one of you🥹🩷✨

I hope this epilogue melts your heart and puts a smile on your face. Enjoy🌸🫶🏽✨

~~~

One year later

One year later...

"Cheyenne, zowona ukukwatilana ndi adokotala iweyo? Iiihh, mwana wanga wakula."

Latoya and I froze, our eyes stuck on my grandmother, who'd just said her first words since we picked her and Nurse Brenda up for the weekend and made the drive to the Kitalo City International Airport. Gogo had just addressed me by my name for the first time in what felt like forever. I didn't think I could say anything in response. I didn't want this moment to come to an end as randomly as it had come about.

My grandmother was still smiling as she held her hand out to me. "I know the doctor. He helps me when I'm not feeling too good. He's very kind and caring. Do you love him, Chey?"

I nearly choked on the lump in my throat. It was obvious by her statement that her memory was still foggy, considering the last time Alex treated her at Pamoja was many months ago. That made her remembering me so much sweeter.

I nodded enthusiastically, my eyes teary. "He is kind and caring. I love him so much."

"Does he love you?" Gogo asked, her forever trembling hands wiping my cheek as tears rolled down freely.

"He does."

"How do you know?"

"He shows it every day. I feel it all the time. It's in the way he looks at me, thinks about me, takes care of me, supports me, sees me. Mbambo amaneyo amandikonda ndithu."

Gogo's mouth spread into a grin as she squeezed my hands in hers. "Then you've found something special. Chikondi chenicheni sichimango bwerabwera. Ukachipeza wayenera kuyesetsa kuchisunga, wamvetsa mwana wanga Chey?"

I nodded with teary eyes, Latoya holding my hand as I knelt in front of Gogo's wheelchair, something she recently started depending on after losing all feeling in her right leg.

"Ndamvetsa." I smiled through the lump in my throat. "I've missed you, Gogo. Thank you for this."

She smiled and took my face in her wrinkled hands. "I love you, little girl."