Prologue

Lucy Gray was on the run making it in and out of Districts unsighted. Though she was Pregnant that never failed to stop her. However Lucy wanted her child to have a home. Arriving in District four Lucy Gray decided that that is where she wanted to settle down and have her child. 

Lucy changed her name from Lucy to Dahlia Gray and always wore makeup to change her identity so that she could go live being unseen by the peace keepers and Snow for who she truly was. 

Lucy had her daughter Temperance Gray during the twelfth games, Temperance grew up a good life in 4 becoming a fisher and great swimmer, Temperance never had to compete in the games but her mother trained her for any possible outcome in case the capitol figured out who she was or if she ever got pulled. 

Temperance had a daughter and named her Charity. Charity was trained for the games since she was 5. Lucy and Temperance never let Charity miss a day of training. She was to be the one to get revenge. 

Lucy told them both who she was and who Temperance' dad was and Charity's grandpa. Coriolanus Snow. President Snow. 

Lucy and Temperance didn't want Charity to volunteer for the games, though she had exceptions. Such as if a friend was pulled. But if Charity was pulled, she would put on a show for the capitol and her grandpa. 

Lucy Gray, Dahlia, passed away when Charity was 12, her first year of being registered in the games. 

Charity's dad passed away the same year which made Temperance go mad. She lost her job which caused Charity's name to be put in the bowl a significant amount of times. Temperance also put all of the pressure on Charity to volunteer and be in the games. She knew her mom was never going back to normal.