The Finale

I woke up. Today's the day where everything changes. I was going to make the boy from 12 pay for everything he did. I woke up Genevive. We both ate some bird then drank some water. Genevive then unwrapped my arm to check out my wound. It looked like it had healed but there was a dent in my arm. 

"It's healed but you're keeping the wrap on your arm, you have no sleeve it'll do the bare minimum to protect your arm." Genevive said as she started to use the wrap to wrap my entire arm. 

I then went out of the cave to find sticks to use as a toothbrush, like I said the people in this arena needed hygiene. I handed Genevive one of the sticks and we started chewing them. Then I grabbed another one of the sticks I'd grabbed and unknotted my hair. I put it back into the same ponytail braid. 

Genevive and I walked back to the river. We washed our faces then drank some. If it was my last day on earth, I was going to look pretty. After all the capitol is always watching. I was going to put on a show. 

Then after that we went back to the cave and grabbed all of our weapons. I had my throwing daggers on a belt, I also had a knife on that same belt. Then I held my Trident. Genevive had her two knives on each side of her hips on a belt, holding one in her hand. We we're ready for combat. Genevive and I looked at each other with a ready look. 

"No matter what happens, we can't let him win, not under any circumstances" I said. "If he kills me, kill him, understand?"

"Yes, he deserves what he has coming for him" Genevive answered.

We both started to leave the cave. This time we weren't running through the trees to get to the cornucopia, we would walk. After all we only had time. We walked through the trees. I remembered every spot in them, every spot where I'd killed someone or someone died, or most importantly when someone killed someone very dear to me. I was going to make the boy from 12 pay, and I promise I will. 

We got to the cornucopia and climbed on top of it. Waiting, waiting patiently for when this boy would show himself. I decided to do something I was good at doing to pass the time, sing. 

--------------------------

"Are you"

"Are you"

"Coming to the tree"

"Where they strung up a man"

"They say who murdered three"? 

"Strange things did happen here."

"No stranger would it be."

"If we met"

"At midnight"

"In the hanging tree" 

----------------------------------

I sang more while Genevive leaned her head against my shoulder. I knew Snow in the capitol was enraged by my choice of song, but I didn't care. I don't care anymore. The capitol has tried to kill me countless times in these games, and it didn't work. I knew they loved watching my friends die and me cry every single time. Thats how it works. They send 24 kids in Only one comes out. 23 kids dead each year. 23 families lose their child to other children or the harsh conditions of these arenas. They watched kids fall apart mentally and physically. They watched kids fall in love then get their hearts ripped out. They didn't care. A good show is all that the capitol ever cared about. They watched kids go physically and mentally insane at the thought of killing everyone and winning. If they actually cared about us these games wouldn't even exist in the first place. 

-----------------------------------

"Are you" 

"Are you"