Capitol Party

A/N: The victory tour is boring to write in my opinion so I'm just skipping to the party where they celebrate their winnings. 

They dressed me in a Tight blue dress and put my air in a high ponytail braid like he games and did this hideous makeup on my face to make me fit in with the capitol. Terri was so excited to show me off. I don't even know why, she already had bragging rights with Finnick.

"Straighten your posture, and smile" Terri said walking me in. 

"So will there be other victors there?" I asked. 

"Nobody other than Finnick, darlin this is your party" She squealed.

I didn't even want a party. I just wanted to be able to have peace with myself after the games, not constantly be reminded. 

Terri and I walked up to the front. 

"Where's Finnick?" I asked. 

"He's already inside" Terri said as she walked me inside. 

We got inside and I was very overwhelmed with all of the people. They we're all so bright and colorful. I cannot wait for this to be over. Everyone looked at me and started cheering.  hated it. I walked down the path and eyed constantly followed me. After a few minutes everyone started dancing and doing whatever the capitol people do. I was looking everywhere for Finnick. 

Eventually after ten minutes of being talked to by "Fans" I finally found Finnick who seemed to be having the same problem. 

I ran over to Finnick who was talking to a capitol girl around my age, he seemed uncomfortable. 

"Hey Finnick, I heard the........Bread was really good let's go try It" I grabbed his arm and dragged him away. 

"Thank you, I'm pretty sure that girl was hitting on me" Finnick laughed. 

"I'm pretty sure like five creepy old guys we're eying me" I said. 

"Capitol people are creeps" Finnick added. 

"Then again, they might think it's right to do, they weren't raised with discipline" I said.

"That's actually very true." 

We found a corner and hid there for quite a bit, talking about literally everything. Even in uncomfortable situations, if Finnick was there everything was better. I'm so glad the games are over for us two. (Who's gon' tell her)

Eventually Finnick and I decided to dance. 

"Fair warning, I cannot dance" I laughed. 

"Me neither, we'll learn together" Finnick and I started dancing. 

At first, we kept stepping on each other's feet, which we laughed at. Eventually we started to get better. We actually danced great. However, we knew everyone was either watching us or their eyes we're peering over. The capitol didn't know we we're together, only Snow did, I think. I can't wait for the rumors to start spreading. I'm not even being sarcastic, I can't wait for the capitol news to say, "Two Hunger Games Victors seen Dancing Together."

I was actually having a good time dancing, until I remembered. After the big party, the next games approach, and I have to mentor. I have to see a kid I've developed a relationship with go into the arena and die.  I'm not ready for that.

Caeser Flickerman went on the stage. 

"Hello folks! We are all here to celebrate the winnings of Charity Gray, and the coming of a new Hunger Games year!" He paused as the crowd roared. "Give it up for the winner of the 68th Hunger Games winner Charity Gray! And the 69th Hunger Games! May the odds be in everyone's favor am I right?" Caeser Yelled.

Finnick and I looked at each other with sorrow in our eyes due to the previous announcement. Why does the capitol like the games. It's twenty-four children fighting to the death to win, and the winner is never at peace with themselves because of what they had to do to win, they have nightmares, and night terrors, anxiety attacks, post-traumatic stress disorder, survivors guilt, and they feel like a monster. Finnik and I have had conversations about this, and he has the same after-effects as I do. I bet almost, if not every victor has those after-effects. But to the capitol it's entertainment, a game. I felt sick to my stomach. 

The rest of the night Finnick and I danced a lot, got interviewed, spoke to a bunch of strangers, some of them we're nice, but others we're definitely not. The capitol men we're actually real creeps. After the party Terri escorted us to the train, in which I immediately went to the bathroom, changed and washed the horrid make up off of my face. I went out and went into one of the bedrooms to see Finnick already in there. He was sitting on the ledge of the bed. 

"Hey" I said walking over. 

"Hey"

"What's wrong?"

"I'm not read for the next games" Finnick said. 

"I'm not ready either, but at least you'll be there with me right" I smiled a bit. 

"Yeah, I guess you're right" Finnick looked up.

Finnick and I comforted each other for the rest of that night. The rest of the train ride was sort of quiet. I wasn't looking forward for my next ride. 

(Sorry It was kind of short, also I promise I'll be posting more)