Training/Meeting With Snow

I woke up and put on the outfit in the closet that was labeled "Training" then I put my hair into a ponytail and went out to the main living room, Mags, Finnick and Terri were there. I walked over and sat by Finnick. They all looked at me.

"What?" I said in a nervous tone. 

"The capitol likes you" Terri said in a saddened tone. 

"Isn't that a good thing?" I looked around. 

"I mean yeah but they like you" Finnick emphasized the word like. 

"Oh, oh" I looked down. 

Finnick rubbed my back. 

"It's the same with Ray" Terri said.

"No" I muttered. 

I knew what Like meant. They liked my revealing outfit, the creeps like me. If I win theirs a chance the capitol will try to use me, my body. I won't let them no matter what. Not saying I'm going to win, but if I do I won't let them. 

I leaned onto Finnick's shoulder as he continued to rub my back. Ray walked in and Terri told him about it too. 

"If the capitol likes us, even though its bad, we need sponsors if we want to survive." I said in a quiet tone but everyone heard me. 

"Do you guys have any weapons you have experience with or skills that could help?" Finnick asked. 

This was the question I've been waiting my whole life for, but I was going to let Ray answer first. 

"I can stab a fish mid-swim from around ten feet away" Ray answered. 

"We can work with that how bout' you Charity?" Everyone looked at me.

"Well, I've been trained for the games since I was little just in case, I can run really fast, climb well, throw far, hunt, and with either a trident or throwing daggers I can do wonders" I smiled. 

"Seems like you got a real chance out there" Ray smiled. 

'You too" I smiled. 

Today Ray you're going to work with Mags, Charity, you're with me" Finnick looked over at me. 

Ray and I both nodded as we headed down the elevator. We spoke about making allies and the best districts to have an allyship with. Once we got down the elevator Finnick and Mags lead us to the training room. Districts 5, 9, 12, 5, and 11 we're there already. Mags and Ray went off over somewhere and Finnick took me. He led me over to where the weapons are. I grabbed a trident. Finnick took me over to the simulation room. 

"Show me how good you can do" Finnick opened the door for me. 

I went in and the door closed. Finnick went over to the tablet and set it to the easy setting. I held the trident ready and I looked around. I saw the first person coming at me and I stabbed him then quickly flipped it and stabbed the person coming behind me. A person jumped down and I stabbed them before they reached the ground. The easy level finished, and it was medium. 

A person came running and I stabbed them. Two were charging me from different directions and I flipped the trident to get the first one then turned and got the second one. Two came at me from the same direction and I managed to get them both. 

Then it was hard level. Two came at me and I got them easily. Then one was running at me while one jumped down, first I got the jumper then the runner. A few more ran at me but I got them. 

Then it was the Impossible level. A group of six surrounded me. I managed to get every one of them. Then the simulation was over. I looked at the glass and quite a few people we're watching me. I waved awkwardly. 

Finnick let me out. 

"You said you we're good, I didn't expect you to be that good" Finnick smiled. 

"You should see me with throwing daggers" I laughed. 

Finnick helped me train for the rest of the day, up until my meeting with my grandfather, Snow. I finished training and Finnick led me to a car which would take me to his mansion. The car ride was dull, boring, and long. But it did let me have a moment with my thoughts. I mainly thought about strategies, ways to win, but as always, ways I could die. Then a different thought crossed my mind, Finnick. He was so nice to me, and he helped me in and out of my chariot. He helped me with sponsor strategies, he liked me, I liked him. Before I thought I had nothing to live for. Now I realize all the things I do have to live for. Cordelia, her family, Ray's family needs someone there for them, and Finnick. Most importantly Finnick. I don't want him to see another one of the kids he has mentored to die, that must take such a big mental toll. Imagine helping some kid try to win something then watching them die. I need to live for Finnick. 

I arrived at Snow's mansion. I was took into a room and directed to wait. I sat down in a chair and waited. Then the crusty ugly wrinkly old man came in. 

"Charity Gray, you wanted to see me?" He asked. 

"Yes" I responded. 

"Gray, your last name sounds so familiar" He rubbed his beard. 

"Well, that's because it is" I smiled. 

"What do you mean?" Snow asked

"You impregnated Lucy Gray Tried to kill her, she escaped to district four, had a daughter, had me, hi grandpa" I smiled with a more devious smile. 

Snow looked like he had just seen a ghost. I mean He kind of always looks like that. 

"I have another Granddaughter?" He asked. 

"Yes and that granddaughter happens to be me" I said. 

"Lucy Gray lived" He muttered to himself. 

"Not anymore, she died" I shrugged while leaning back into my chair. 

Snow got up and did something so unexpected, he hugged me. 

"I need to take you out of the games" He looked down. 

"What? No I want to compete. Please let me and don't rig it to let me win, I don't want to be like Grandma."

"Fine" Snow stood up. "Go back to train."

The Peacekeepers grabbed my arms and dragged me to the car. They drove me back to the building. I went straight to the apartment. 

"Hey are you okay" Finnick asked.

"He tried to pull me out of the games, I said no" I shrugged.

"You said no! Are you insane?" Finnick yelled. 

"I volunteered fair and square; he can't just pull me out" I kept walking. 

"Charity" Finnick grabbed my arm and looked at me face to face. "You have to win."

"Okay" I looked at him. 

"I mean you have to I love you" Finnick kissed me. 

What just happened Finnick kissed me. Finnick Odair kissed me. 

"I looked him up and down" I love you too. 

---------------------------------------------

The next two days of training we're the same as the first. Nothing happened except training. Finnick and I both liked each other and we agreed that if I win then we can date. Now I really have something to fight for