f i f t y - e i g h t

Draco Malfoy

I look at my left arm a skull with a serpent in its mouth, branded onto it. It was done I can't believe it was on my arm, my arm still felt sore. Astoria was marked before me, even Adrian. Pansy, was supposed to be next, then Dahlia, then Blaise. It was all happening so soon so fast, I didn't had any time to think about anything.

When Adrian told me about Athena's father today, I couldn't help but curse myself. I can't believe I was here getting marked while she was there having funeral for her father, grieving alone. As soon as he told me I didn't waste any more second and Apparate into her room, where she was standing facing the closed door, her shoulders shaking slightly as if she was crying.

"Thea-" I call for her as she turned her face to look at me with tearful streaming down her face which intensified as soon as she sees me.

I walked closer to her "Where the hell have you been huh!" She hit me pushing me away, yelling at me for not being there, but I didn't move I let her hit my chest, again and again until she was tired her hands slowed down and I pulled her into my chest, as she lets out a sob.

"Why weren't you here!" she sobs, I didn't want her to lash out on me, which I deserved.

"I should've been here," and I held her as she cried, her face buried in my shirt. "I'm sorry," I said.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,” I repeated myself as she continued to cry.

"I hate you, I hate you so fucking much," she cried into clutching onto my shirt with her face buried into my chest, tears staining the fabric of my shirt.

“I know, I'm sorry" I spoke out the words with a sigh. And I tightened my hug, “I’m really sorry.”

“You should’ve been there, you shouldn’t have been doing..whatever the hell you were doing” she sobbed out and I hugged her even harder.

Her hands were on my back, my shirt stuck to my body from her tears. I wish I would have been there, I wish that I was there as she was grieving.

I could feel her body shaking all over, sobs breaking her out every few second. I felt like my world had fallen apart. “I know, I know” I repeated over and over again.

“I just needed you” she spoke out as sobs took over her again. I wish I could have been there when she needed me the most.

As she continued to sob and cry, wrapping my arm around her back and rubbing it.

“I’m sorry” I repeated and repeated again, “I know I should’ve been there but I just, I-I” my voice seems to get lost I couldn't tell her that I was getting marked at the time she needed me the most, fucking situations and circumstances, I don't know what the universe have against me.

“Then why?” She spoke out between the sobs, and her voice raised, I thought she was going to lash out on me, I was afraid she would leave me or something, maybe kick me out.

“Why?” She continued and I remained quiet, I could see her getting frustrated and angrier, “why, why, why were you not there?”

I could feel her body shaking, and I pulled her closer to me so she wouldn’t fall, I continued to rub her back gently as she continued to sob.

“That’s not important right now” I spoke out, “you don’t need to hear about why I wasn’t there. I’m sorry I wasn’t there. It’s my fault.”

“I needed you” she sobbed, “but you weren’t there” she repeated herself, I wish I could tell her that I got marked, that’s why I wasn’t here. But I just couldn’t.