f i f t y - n i n e

Athena Jones

September, October, November passed by, the cold December wasn't any different from the past few months, my dad was still, gone my mother was busy doing whatever the hell she doeses in her study, me and her barely talked, she barely cried, how can someone not cry?

Christmas holidays were on it's way, and I don't think I will be able to go back to my home, not when my mother won't even be there, she says she has some business in Europe. It'll be the first Christmas without my dad. I miss him so fucking much. It wasn't fair.

I have been spending most of my time in the night at Hogwarts with Draco, we don't do anything, he doesn't do anything more than kissing my cheeks or forehead, holding me until I fall asleep, some days he disappears in the morning before I even wake up, sometimes he disappeared for an entire day when he came back he looked so exausted and just overall different — less like himself.

Dahlia and I have been coming to talking terms again, like before. Hazel and Adrian are lovesick. William is still bitter about his sister dating Pucey and me and Malfoy. Blaise has been quite - more quite than he usually is.

Everyone was going back home to celebrate their holidays with their family, Hazel was going with Adrian, William was going back to the orphanage to donate some stuff and celebrate the Christmas with the kids there. The holidays hit me like a truck as I remembered that my dad who I missed so much won't be with me.

I layed besides Draco in his dorm with his arm around me as his fingers drew circles on my bare shoulder, he wasn't asleep and neither was I, I missed my dad, and I wished he was here with me, not just now, not just for Christmas but the whole year, or the rest of my life.

Draco kept drawing circles on my shoulders, he was looking at the ceiling, a small frown on his lips that disappeared as soon as our sights met. I stared at him, the light from the bedside lamp making the shadows look darker on his face, "When are you going back home for Christmas?" I asked him

"Tomorrow," he nodded, his arm shifting.

"You said few months back that your parents wanted to meet me right?" I ask lifting my head up so I can look at him

"Oh… right.. yeah, I did.." he spoke out again, slowly rubbing his free hand through his hair.

"Do they still want to meet me?" I asked, tilting my head

"Yeah, I mean..." he hesitated for a moment, his arms adjusting to be around me again, "Of course they still do."

"When? When do you think they would want me to meet them?" I asked, laying my head down on his chest, my cheek resting on the bare skin of his bicep.

"I'm not sure," he spoke, the touch of his fingers slowly shifting into a small rub. "You don't have to meet them if you don't want to" he adds

"No, I would like to" I say quickly. "I don't want to like stay here at Hogwarts while everyone is gone, and my mother's not home this holiday" I add

"So... you want to meet my parents because you're alone?" he asked, raising his eyebrow and letting out a small chuckle.

"No— well yeah," I looked up to him. "I do want to meet your family, but I do agree with your point, I don't want to stay here alone while everyone are with their family," I speak out quietly.

Why did he have to make me say it out loud like that

"I know it's not the best reason to want to meet your family" I add, "But I'd like to, you know"

He smiled, "I know you would," he says, leaning forward and pressing his lips against my forehead—the same kiss he has given me multiple times before—a small frown forms on his lips as he pulls back, "Are you sure though?."

I nodded, "I am sure," I tell him, my heart beating faster as I realize that he's unsure about the idea of me meeting his family.

"I would like to meet them," I tell him again; he nods, and I rest my head back on his chest.

"Will I get a warning before I meet them?" I ask him in a teasing voice, knowing that he would understand that I want a warning, because I want to make a good impression, and I also want to see if he actually wants me to meet them.

"A warning?," he questions, raising an eyebrow, but his smile tells me that he knows what I'm asking, "yeah, I will warn you beforehand, if there is any" he says, but the tone of his voice tells me he still hesitant, and still not sure about the meeting.

"Okay" I whisper, my eyes starting to get tired

"Night," he whispers before leaning back onto the pillow, and wrapping his arms around my body, keeping me close.

My eyes fall close, and I feel myself drifting off to sleep. It will be okay I tell myself, I'm going to meet his family, but only time can tell if they would like me or not, but at the same time I just hope that I'm not a burden for him, as he is probably feeling obligated to invite me.