s i x t y - t h r e e

For the last two days I'm glad I haven't bumped into Nicolas, and I haven't gotten lost again either, Narcissa has been really welcoming although I still haven't met his father, I think I can only handle this much.

Being here definitely doesn't make me feel alone, but I do miss my dad, and my mother, whom I still haven't told about Draco neither have I told her I was staying at Malfoy manor for the holidays, I can only imagine how much she was going to lecture me over this because she made me promise to never get involved with Draco.

But I didn't listen.

Draco told me, tomorrow was the annual Christmas ball in the manor, I am not much for the balls and all but I guess I could use some people around me.

I sighed turning and switching position Draco was asleep beside me, his arm around my waist, I tried to fall asleep too but I just couldn't. I missed something— someone— Everyone, Hazel, Dahlia, William, Blaise, mom and dad. So many people. I miss my home. A strange feeling settled in my stomach making me realise that I wasn't going to be at my home for Christmas.

I sighed, and hugged Draco closer to me, he didn't wake up when I moved, I tried to fall asleep again, bit I just couldn't.

I eventually got up from the bed, the moonlight from outside illuminating the room, I walked to the window and leaned against the window pane, looking down the beautiful snow filled lawns beneath, the moon reflecting off of the soft white snow, the night was calm, as a gentle breeze blew through the window.

Dad and I loved playing in snow, whenever we used to visit aunt Sylvia in muggle London, he would team up with aunt Sylvia against me and Jules, and we would have snowball fight until our hands were sore from the cold.

As I thought back at those fond memories, my stomach twisted and I began to feel worse. I sighed and looked at the window, the snow outside was so beautiful, don't get me wrong being here wasn't bad, but I missed my home.

I sniffed back my tears. Walking back inside I slid a sweater on and tiptoed my way out of the room and downstairs, into the snow covered garden.

I slowly started making my way outside the garden where I stopped and looked up into the night sky. Being on the snow made me feel a bit better, as the wind blew the snowflakes at me, I closed my eyes, and took a deep breaths, the chilly wind making me shiver a bit as I exhaled as little puffs of air.

I stayed like that for few minutes, taking in the night sky and the chill of snow. I wiped the tear that had trickled down on my cheeks. I sniffled again, trying to hold back the emotional tide building up inside me, but I failed utterly, I blinked away quickly looking down at the snow covered grass, that my boots were buried into, I walked forward leaving footmarks behind and leaned down picking up the snow in my bare hands.

I started rolling the snow in the palm of my hand, and started making a small snowball, I kept rolling it and rolling it until it was a bit bigger than my hand as I tossed it on the ground. My hands felt numb from the snow but I kept making snowballs and throwing them at the ground for no fucking reason.

I wasn't sure how long I had been outside in my own world throwing snowballs at my will, when suddenly a snowball formed from the snow on the ground and flew in the air making me look up at it in confusion, then it came crashing down on my face.

What the fuck?

I wiped my face looking up then heard a chuckle, I narrowed my eyes, I saw Nicolas standing a few feet  away from me leaning against a wall.

"What the hell Malfoy?" I shouted at him.

"It's a pity, that you can only make a snowball that small," he said.