A closer look at the Deshert region!

The first quadrant is where you start off. It's called Rune town, where you meet Professor Jasmine, who gives you your starter Pokémon. This is also where you fight the first gym leader and where his city is, not far from your hometown. After that, you'll find the first wild area, a desert and head to the second quadrant.

The second quadrant is where you'll find the oasis filled parts as well as many tributaries to the primary river that runs throughout the region. This is where you fight the second gym leader and not to far is the third and fourth ones as well. The river is said to be magical, but we don't know this for sure. There is also a ghost town near Diamond city.

A significant place is the mountain range near here, believed to have mystical powers.

Over the river, you get to the third quadrant, where you face the fifth and sixth gym leaders. You can play a lot of mini games here and run into Professor Jasmine and Baako working together but quickly leave after they discover you were there. There's also a huge market there, where you can buy exotic items from other regions.

After your done there, you move through the jungle, which has a temple which will come into play later and a small frozen bit where you can find Poiage and its evolution along with Leopice. After that, you'll get to the capitol, the first part being a bit more run down. You can catch Pokémon here through sewers and alleyways. You'll also find a church there.

In the newer part of the city, you'll find a business building where the evil team resides, underneath are the catacombs. The buildings are more advanced and modern than most of the ones in the rest of the region.