CHAPTER ONE

"As a kid, I always wanted to be a singer. I'm a waiter now, thanks to my parents. They threw me out when I turned 18, and this has been my life since then. People say life is easy, just work hard, and I've been working for 2 years, and still, I couldn't change a thing. I guess they don't know anything. I don't hate rich people, but I hate it when they speak easily without doing anything, while people like us work for them. I'm not complaining, maybe a little, but still, well, I can't blame them for what my parents did. I think good people are still alive somewhere because I'm alive, lol. But there's one good thing in my life that I can't be more grateful for, and that's my dog. His name is Ocean, and he's the only one I never doubted loves me. I love him more than anything I've ever had. Ocean has bitten many people, and they always complain that he's wild, but come on, we both take care of each other. He has me, and I have him. I just lov-" 

I abruptly cease my writing as I hear someone clear their throat. I look at the person staring right back at me. 

The first thing I notice about this guy is his eyes. He has these piercing eyes that draw people in, a strong jawline, a smile that lights up a room, overall chiseled features, he's very tall with broad shoulders. But his hair. It's a mess, which makes him look extremely hot.

"Can I help you?" I ask, not holding back my admiration for him.

"I was looking for the restroom. I guess I got lost. Can you help me?" he speaks, his voice, DAMN!

What if? Nah, just kidding. I'm twenty, and he looks older, like almost twenty-eight maybe.

"Sure, turn left at the end of the hallway, then walk straight until you see the restroom sign on your right," I say with a smile.

"You work here? You shouldn't be here alone; this place is kind of creepy," he says, his voice like a gentle stream.

"Yeah, I work here, two years now. I know this place very well, it's normal for me. I come here whenever I'm on break," I say, looking at him. "Do you work?"

 Of course, he works. That's a stupid question to ask. I can't take it back, lol.
"I'm a singer, more like a passion than work, tbh, I do what I like."

Like it's my whole dream standing in front of me. I didn't know it was possible until now.

"Oh, that's cool. Do you have any band or something?"

"Yeah, actually, we're here to sing. My band's with me, not much, just a few friends. We know how to play, tho."

Sure you do!

"Oh, so I'll get to hear you sing tonight, right?" I ask. "
I guess, yeah."

"Sounds great. Well, seeya then," I say, looking at him. He nods. I walk past him, and as I'm about to open the door, I hear a lighter flick. I turn around to look at him. 

He has a cigarette in his mouth, he lights it, and for a moment, we make eye contact, and then I leave. He smokes!

Guess the place isn't creepy anymore.

HIS POV

Have you ever met someone and felt like you know them? Well, that's her. The moment I laid eyes on her, I knew I know her. Maybe I don't, but the feeling is too strong to deny. 

Not every day you can find a woman like her. Picture a woman who turns heads wherever she goes, her flawless complexion with smooth glowing skin, her eyes are like sparkling gems, drawing you in with their depth and intensity. Her hair cascades down in luscious waves, framing her face in perfect features. 

Her full lips, she is perfection, and the shape of her body, her gentle curves of hips, waist, and bust that create an hourglass figure.

I can't stop thinking about her. She had a stoic expression on her face when she saw the cigarette in my mouth. I don't know if she liked it.

I need to know her. It's been a long time since I found someone like her, someone who can make you feel so many things at one time. Anyways, I look around. 

This place is more like an empty store room, a little dark, but the windows offer a breathtaking panorama of the cityscape. It's a good place to escape for a while. I see why she comes here.

I stomp on the cigarette and make my way out of the room. It's already five-thirty, and the show's at 7 pm. I find my friends, and they are getting ready.
"Where did you go, bruh? We were waiting for you," Ryle asks with a sense of curiosity.

 don't know what's wrong with him. He always keeps an eye on me like a cop or something.
"I went to smoke," I tell him. He nods. 

"Well, let's go. The room's ready," he says and calls for everyone.

We do our business, and within an hour, we are all ready to play. I don't know if she will be there. Let's hope. This hotel is huge, tho. 

We've never played in a place this big. Ryle yells for everyone to gather, and we are all standing now while he speaks,

 "We all know this is the first time we're playing in this huge place. I want all of you to know that we need to give our best. This is Mr. Alexander's birthday party, the owner of the hotel. There are going to be a lot of rich people. Maybe this is our chance, so let's do this, boys." Everyone nods as we leave the room.

After half an hour, we are all set, ready to play when I hear Tylor say something to me. I turn to look at him, and he says, 

"Did you hear what he said in the room? He's crazy for believing that this band is going to work. I'm already thinking of leaving. I don't know why he makes such a big deal of all this. He's wasting time. We all know this is not what everyone wants. This is all temporary."

"Maybe that's what he wants. We can't blame him for that," I tell him.
"You know what I mean, Elijah," he says and leaves.

I know what you mean.

It's been one hour, and the hall has mostly filled with rich people.

 They look so bright, as if they were born to shine, different expensive perfumes hitting my nose. I don't like strong scents, but I like hers, so natural. 

For the next two hours, I haven't been more embarrassed in my life than standing here. Not a single person looked at us, let alone heard us. We have been playing slow songs, but I'm more disappointed that I couldn't see her around, not even once. 

Maybe she left.

"Bruh, this couldn't be more embarrassing. We should leave," Tylor whispers in my ear. I was about to answer when I saw her. I didn't hear what he said after. We made eye contact for a few seconds, and my heart.

I give my all in my final song, knowing she is listening intently. Her gaze never wavers, fully focused on me.

 She has a smile on her face. Guess approved. 

We are back stage now. I leave my stuff there and go to look for her, but I can't find her. What if she left already? I look everywhere, and guess what?

She's gone.