CHAPTER TWELVE

FREYA POV

When we arrived home, Selene didn't come inside but made sure to lock the door before leaving.

It was just me and Ocean. He was really sleepy at first, but after about an hour, he woke up. I fed him, and I'm relieved that he ate.

It's a weight off my shoulders, but I'm sure another worry is on its way home.

I don't know what gonna happen when Selena comes home. The idea of her doing all that is just so strange.

I wish I could have responded differently, but I knew she wouldn't take no for an answer and won't take him to the vet.

I did what I had to do, but it scares me that she might have her way with me, and I can't even refuse.

I have never slept with a woman before; she is the first and All these thoughts are eating me alive; she's just so unpredictable.

I know how sometimes she reacts; little things anger her, especially the things I do. If I anger her while all that, she's going to make it even more painful than it already is.

I hope she forgets.

I head downstairs and do everyday chores.

After finishing, I make my way to the kitchen to cook as usual.

Within an hour, I'm done. I make myself a plate and sit to eat. I take a bite as my mind plays all the bad things it can, imagining the worst scenarios.

I get so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear the footsteps approaching me but my heart races when I hear them coming closer.

I don't dare turn to look because I know who it's going to be, but when I hear the voice, relief shoots through me.

"Megan!"

I turn around to see Megan standing there holding a suitcase. I can't help but smile when our eyes meet.

She looks back, rolls her eyes, and walks away to Selene's room.

Let me just say, I could never imagine that I'd be happy to see Megan, but she has no idea how grateful I am that she is here and looks like she's going to stay for a while.

Selene is going to be pissed, I'm sure.

As I finish eating, I clean the kitchen and walk upstairs when I hear the door open again,

I don't look back because I know it's Selene. I take big steps, almost running, when suddenly an arm pulls me back, and in a blink, I'm pin to the door.

Selene's expression cold and disapproving as she gazes at me, her eyes narrowing in discontent. I attempt to shove her away, but she stands firm, her grip on my jaw like a vice. Her fingers dig into my skin, holding me in place as I speak.

"Your girlfriend is here!" I say as I try to hold back a smirk.

"She isn't my girlfriend," she says coldly as she looks down at me.

"But I'm sure she won't like it if she sees you like that," I answer back as her jaw clenches.

"Don't try to be smart, Freya," she says, still holding me in place.

"Oh, but I'm smart, Selene," I say as I smile to myself.

"Oh yeah?" she says. Her hands move from my face to my right breast, giving it a hard squeeze.

I glare at her as her smirk gets wider.

I hate when she does that just to prove something; as always, she's taking it as a challenge.