CHAPTER NINTEEN

FREYA POV

My heart pounds in my chest as I catch sight of Selene standing in the kitchen doorway, her eyes filled with venomous rage directed at me.

I can't help but tremble in fear, rooted to the spot like a deer caught in headlights.

Elijah glances at me, taking in my shocked expression, before turning his head to look at the person in the doorway.

His smile falters for a moment, betraying his composure.

Their eyes meet, and then Selene's gaze shifts towards me.

My breath catches in my throat as she starts making her way towards me, her anger palpable.

She locks eyes with me, her words dripping with disdain as she grits her teeth, desperately trying to hide her fury.

"Didn't I tell you to sleep?" she spits, narrowing her gaze at me, causing me to flinch under her intense scrutiny.

"I—" I begin to speak, but Elijah cuts me off, coming to my defense.

"I told her to stay, I wanted to talk. She was just leaving anyways," Elijah says, meeting Selene's eyes as she glares at me.

Selene tries to play it cool, but her anger is unmistakable as she speaks.

Me and Elijah barely exchanged more than a few words with each other when she arrived, but I can't fathom why she looks so furious.

"Right, well, umm okay, how are you feeling?" Selene asks, changing the subject even though she clearly wants to confront him, to demand an explanation for his friendliness towards me.

I never could have imagined that I would encounter Elijah again, especially not through her and in the midst of the mess I'm currently in.

"I feel okay, especially after meeting Freya. You know, we've met before?" Elijah speaks, turning his face to look at me, and my face drains of color as Selene clenches her fist, her anger simmering like a ticking time bomb.

I feel terrible for meeting him under these circumstances.

Elijah felt different when I first met him, but no matter what happens, I know Selene will never understand because deep down, she can't help but feel a pang of jealousy whenever she sees Elijah looking at me.

The air is suffocating, making it nearly impossible for me to breathe amidst their presence.

"Is that so?" Selene's words hang in the air, dripping with venom as she forces a smile and looks at me through gritted teeth.

He gives her a polite nod, his eyes locking with mine, and I quickly avert my gaze, feeling Selene's dark eyes piercing into me.

"That's... fascinating," Selene says, attempting to play it cool, but her eyes betray her as they dart back and forth between the two of them.

Our attention is abruptly shifted by a voice, causing us to turn our heads in their direction.

"Let me formally introduce you to Freya," Megan's voice resonates in our ears.

"She's the reason you were in the hospital, she hit you," the sentence hangs in the air, causing the ground to crumble beneath me.

"What?" the word echoes through the air, escaping from both of our mouths.

He glances at me, and in that moment, our gazes meet.

A flicker of happiness ignites within my chest, but simultaneously, I feel betrayed by Selene.

She concealed all of this from me because she knew I would want to leave, but she refuses to accept it.

A surge of heat rushes to my face, fueling my anger as I lock eyes with Selene, but she simply rolls her eyes.

I turn and make my way upstairs, leaving them all behind in the kitchen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all enjoy! ❤️❤️❤️

Vote and follow for more!!!