22

Amari's sensitive ears picked up the sound of Richard's voice, echoing through the palace corridors. She followed the familiar tone, her heart racing with anticipation and anger. The voice grew louder, and she quickened her pace, her feet barely making a sound on the stone floor.

"Your Majesties, beware! Amari is one her way here. She seeks to destroy us and everything we hold dear. When she arrives, you must be prepared to defend yourselves."

Amari's eyes narrowed as she approached the throne room. She burst through the doors, her eyes locking onto Richard, who stood protectively in front of the king and queen.

"Ah, Amari! Right on cue," Richard sneered, his eyes gleaming with deceit.

"You'll not harm them while I still breathe!"

With a swift motion, Richard positioned himself between Amari and the royal couple, his sword raised as if to defend them from Amari's perceived attack. Amari's hands clenched into fists, her mind racing with a plan.

She spotted the knight statues lining the room, their swords at the ready. With a swift move, she grabbed a sword from a nearby statue and charged at Richard.

Amari, sword in hand, pointed at Richard with accusation.

"You're a backstabbing, lying and deceitful man, Richard! You want nothing but power, and you'll stop at nothing to get it!"

Richard's face twisted in mock outrage.

"How dare you, Amari! You're the one who's deceitful, not me! You've always resented your father's fate and sought revenge. You want the throne for yourself, and you'll do anything to get it!"

Amari's eyes blazed with anger. "You're the one who's been manipulating the king and queen, using your silver tongue to turn them against me! You're the one who's been spreading lies and half-truths to further your own ambitions!"

Richard sneered. "Here you are, trying to deflect attention from your own treachery, Amari. You're the one who's been playing the victim, using your parent's forbidden past to garner sympathy and support. But it won't work. The king and queen see through your schemes, and soon, everyone else will too!"

The king and queen, still under Richard's influence, nodded in agreement, their eyes clouded with confusion and suspicion. Amari's heart raced with frustration and desperation. She knew she had to act fast to clear her name and stop Richard's treachery once and for all.

Amari swung her sword at Richard but he was quick to defend himself and soon enough they ended up in a sword fight, their swords meeting in a flurry of strikes.

Sparks flew as their blades collided, the sound of clanging metal echoing through the throne room. Amari's determination and rage fueled her movements, but Richard's skill and cunning made him a formidable opponent. The two combatants exchanged blows, their swords dancing in the air.

Amari's foot shot out, striking Richard's chest with a loud thud. He stumbled back, momentarily disoriented.

Seizing the opportunity, Amari sprinted toward the king and queen. Their eyes widened in fear, expecting an attack, but Amari's intention was different. With swift precision, she touched their foreheads, and the memory-sharing spell took effect.