Bloody Waiting

I woke up to shouted arguing from Lee and Gai and saw we were at the gate. I hopped off of Lee’s back and was fixing to say something when a coughing fit took my body. I covered it up by saying that I was choking on my own spit and everyone bought it, everyone being Lee, Gai, Izumo and Kotetsu. Kakashi wouldn’t have, but he was passed out on the ground.

I walked up to Gai and cleared my throat before kneeing him in the stomach gracefully. I glared at his curled up form, towering over him as he had tears in his eyes. “Were you planning to just leave my fiancé on the ground, Gai?” I asked threateningly. “I want him taken to the hospital, immediately,” I said in a low tone. He nodded his head quickly as he clutched his knees to his chest.

The guards at the gate sweat dropped. I smiled at them sweetly and turned to see everyone coming to see a passed out Kakashi, a curled-into-a-ball-crying Gai, a crying-over-his-crying-and-fallen-sensei Lee, and two guards looking at this scene with a ‘weirded-out’ look. I handed over my travel papers and grabbed Kakashi’s from his pocket before pointing at him and glaring at Gai.

Gai hopped up from the ground, passing the guard his travel papers and rushing past them to get Kakashi to the hospital, leaving me behind. I took Gai’s, Kakashi’s and my own papers back before handing Gai’s to Lee’s and shooting off towards the hospital. Tsunade would be there to treat Kakashi and I needed to report to her on everything I found out after I traded secrets with Jiraiya.

Well, giving information didn’t seem to be in my cards as I doubled over coughing up a large amount of blood on some random rooftop. Well, my day seemed to keep getting better as I felt someone’s hand on my back. “Are you okay, lady?” they asked.

 I looked up and grinned, wiping the blood from my chin. “Hey, Lover Boy!” I said to Kiba Inuzuka. He still had messily spiked hair, but you could actually see it now that he ditched the furry hood. He blinked. “Hitsuki?!” he asked, surprised.

I smirked at him. “The one and only!” Akamaru barked…or what I think is Akamaru. It was a giant white dog and that was all I got. “That is Akamaru, isn’t it?” I asked.

He cocked his head to the side. “Can’t you tell?”

“Well, last time he could sit on your head…so…no…I wasn’t positive, but I was pretty sure.”

He nodded his head and seemed to remember me coughing up blood. “Are you okay?”

“Just an old wound not healed completely. I was just in a battle, so it got aggravated.” He nodded and I ruffled his hair. “Well I got to go,” I told him as he swatted my hand away.

“I’m not a kid anymore,” he muttered.

“But you are still eleven years younger than me, Lover Boy.”

“I told you, my name is Kiba.”

“But you’re adorable when you’re mad.” He glared at me before jumping away with Akamaru in tow. “Bye Lover Boy!” I shouted. He ignored me and I smiled before hoping through a hospital window which resulted in me knocking over a table in front of Kakashi’s bed, scaring Tsunade.

“Oh, Hitsuki, it’s just you.”

“I’m back to stay this time,” I told her, getting up slowly.

“Good. Did anything significant happen while you were gone? How was the mission?”

“The mission went fine. I gathered plenty of information and swapped some with Jiraiya so we could get some leads.”

She looked at me as she finished, assumedly, healing Kakashi. “What about significant things?”

I mentally cursed. “Nothing that causes anyone harm…”