A Step Forward, Two New Guests, and a Blast From a REALLY Old Past

Yui, Mashiro's mom that way =>

I sighed before I sent out a quick burst of chakra to locate Kakashi. I was surprised when I felt it at the front gate with Shikamaru, Choji, Ino and Tsunade. I grinned and disappeared only to appear sitting on the gate and listening in on their conversation.

“I’ll go with team ten as their captain. How’s that?” he asked.

“You,” Tsunade growled.

“Even if you stop the, they’ll still go. This way, if I go with them, I an keep an eye on them. I won’t let them do anything unreasonable,” Kakashi said quietly, but my enhanced hearing picked it up. Tsunade closed her eyes and everyone stood staring at her, waiting for her verdict.

“Fine! Do whatever,” she sighed.

“Thank you,” Kakashi smiled. Choji cheered.

“What about Naruto, Kakashi-sensei?” Shikamaru asked. Kakashi held up a bandaged hand and I narrowed my eyes at it. Damn. Naruto must have lost control a few times then, if the training was bad enough that Kakashi got hurt in the process.

“That right hand,” Ino muttered.

“Whatever,” he paused. “My usefulness to him is over. Well, besides, another captain is with him anyways,” Kakashi said.

“Heh,” Shikamaru chuckled.

“Okay then, let’s go Team Asuma!”

“We’re grateful, Kakashi-sensei!” they said. They took off, Kakashi glancing back at me and I waved him off with a small smile. I would be going to help, just with the back-up that Tsunade was obviously going to send. She left and went back to the Hokage’s mansion. I stayed for a moment on top of the gate until I could no longer feel Kakashi easily.

I appeared in Tsunade’s office after Sakura had walked past me and out the door. “Oh, you came in through the door,” Tsunade said, slightly amused. “That’s a first, I think,” she chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. “It is not. Windows are just more convenient at times. So, you are sending Naruto and them, correct?” I asked. She stared at me before nodding for me to continue. “Send me as well. Adding one more to a four man cell isn’t going to be that big of a deal and I can fight whoever they are. I don’t know anything, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it is who I think it is if Asuma was killed near a bounty checkpoint,” I said, thinking of Hidan and Kakuzu, the money grub of the Akatsuki.

“Why send you when you have yet to be healed?” Tsunade asked.

“Because I will not leave my friends to deal with someone that difficult to fight. Shikamaru is smart and obviously has a plan, since he did have a few days to think of one, but that doesn’t mean anything. A plan can only go so well when you are fighting against someone as smart, not that I am saying anyone in the Akatsuki is as much of a genius as Shikamaru – except for maybe Itachi – but that doesn’t mean they aren’t smart.”

Tsunade stared at me before nodding. “Fine. I have told Sakura to inform Yamato that Naruto has a day to complete his new Jutsu before the can leave. That is only twenty four hours. If Naruto does finish the Jutsu, you may go with them. If he doesn’t, you will lead the back-up team.”

“My Lady?” Shizune asked, slightly shocked.

“She is the best one to do it. Find the other three members,” Tsunade commanded.

“Yes, My Lady,” Shizune nodded before leaving the room.

“Thanks. I would say that I can take my own team members, but I don’t think that is a good plan,” I shrugged. “By the way, who was mad about them coming with me to get Eriko?” I asked. “And where is she staying?”