Meeting the Parents Who Hate Me

“No, no way in hell, Hitsuki,” Tsunade growled, slamming her hands on her desk as she stood.

“Why not, Tsunade? They would be training and learning, though quicker than most Genin. Besides, they are my Genin, I will train them harder than most would simply because that I how I was trained, though it wouldn’t be as rough as my own training was.”

“Weren’t you supposed to train them yesterday?” she seethed.

“Kyo did,” I muttered, crossing my arms.

“But aren’t you their sensei?” she hissed.

“Yes, and?”

And, Hitsuki, that means you are supposed to train them.”

“If you want me to snap at them or something, then sure, but me being on edge after having nightmares or murders that Kaname plans to do, friends and loved ones he plans to use my body to kill them, then I guess I will. I can’t function right anymore!” I screamed running both of my hands through my hair. I squeezed my eyes shut. “Kyo needs to learn as well, considering he is still a child since he hasn’t truly been a part of this world except for a few years. I need to make sure he is capable of regular interactions, but I also couldn’t deal with those Genin, not with all their bickering, not after that nightmare,” I whispered.

I heard a sigh and opened my eyes to see Tsunade. “Hitsuki, you are strong, talented, and intelligent, and you grind on my last nerve, but you are someone whom I actually trust to not do anything stupid. If you think the priestess can help you, you will go whether I say yes or not. My answer just depends on who you will be traveling with, right?” she asked, earning a nod. “Fine, take the Genin, but make sure they are able to run on top of the trees with chakra and can use it properly.”

“From what Kyo said of their progress, hot steaming water should be motivation enough. I just told him to take them to a lake, but now I need to get this over with quickly. My first intention was for them to train at the hot springs, but that wasn’t happening without me there to heal any burns they might get. I said I would teach them to please you, but I like them.”

“Good, because, after looking at his mind, there may be no coming back.”

“I could always look,” I offered.

“No, Hitsuki, that isn’t hap-“

“After I go to the Land of Dreams. After I figure more things out. I don’t think, even if I can piece back together his mind, that he will be stable enough to do anything, something will replace the coma state he is in, but he should be able to properly function in day to day life, though being a ninja may be out of the question. If so, I suggest helping in the missions room.”

“Hmm. Very well. I want an update on their progress tomorrow night.”

“Understood,” I sighed, walking out the door for once.

I couldn’t believe she actually went for it. I mentally fist pumped as I headed toward Naruto’s training and blinked when I saw an even larger amount of clones facing the water fall. One of them noticed me and waved me up. I easily jumped up there, ignoring Kakashi’s look. “What is it my whiskered friend?” I asked.

“Just had a question,” he muttered.

I raised a brow. “And that question is?”

“Why are you the way you are?” he asked.

I blinked. “Orochimaru and my family, along with Kakashi, though he doesn’t know that. Why?” He looked away. “This is about Sasuke, right?” I asked, earning a slight nod. “Naruto, I am nothing like Sasuke, to be honest. Growing up, my parents pampered me, since I would be ruling my clan. I was never alone, but I also didn’t witness someone killing my clan because I did it myself. I didn’t mean to and it wasn’t actually me, but I did it and as they died at my hands, I saw that none of my family, not even someone in my clan, blamed me. I went to Orochimaru because I had nowhere else to go, because I felt like a horrible person who deserved dying.”