Chapter 74 The Storm After Release from Prison

Ronnie was finally released from prison and the entire Rebirth Pals team came to greet him. Lily smiled and asked, "Ronnie, are you used to being in there?"

"It's okay, except there's a female hooligan who harasses me a lot and I can't stand it."

Lily scoffed, "Aren't you a hooligan yourself, remember how you got in?"

Ronnie was worried, "I'm serious, her name is Alba and she often tries to ask me out and every time I reject her mercilessly, it's a sin for a man to be too attractive."

"Old Ro, you didn't learn anything else in there, but your braggadocio has grown."

It wasn't long before the six were in Ronnie's deluxe room. After chatting for a while, the others excused themselves and left. Toward evening, Catherine rushed in, excited to see Ronnie, and said, "Mom has left the City-state."

Time goes back to three days ago, after Park Hye was knocked out by Barry, she left the City-state the next day. Barry was also nowhere to be found. Catherine came home today to an empty house, and when she inquired, she found out that Park Hye had left the City-state. Park Hye and Barry's son, who was eight years old, had been living at the House of the Three Wolves and hadn't been home for half a year.

"Why did she leave City-state?" Ronnie asked.

"I don't know."

Ronnie turned to Alice and said, "Sis, you take care of Catherine at home, I'll go out and look for Park Hye," after saying that, he walked out the door and Cool Bear saw him go out and followed him silently. He left the City-state and went straight to the "Shire Town", thinking that Park Hye should have gone home, so he inquired about her family's place, and he really found out. When he arrived at her house, he saw that the door was open, so he went in. The house was dark and the furniture was even simpler, and he saw Park Hye lying on her side on the bed. Her family's condition is not good, the house is especially small, her original room has long been occupied by her brother's children, she was now lying in the living room on a makeshift bed, her family did not give her a good face. The "free world" was now very cruel. Since the City-state dismantled the subsidized stations, those who depended on them have lost their livelihoods. Saria's "Starfire" program was too small and could only help a small number of people. Park Hye went home and ate a small piece of cake for two days. She lay on her bed in despair and cried secretly. She turned inward and didn't see Ronnie come in. Ronnie stood by the bed for a moment, not knowing what to say. Fortunately, Park Hye's brother was in the inner room and heard a commotion in the living room, so he came out to check it out, and when he saw a strange man standing in the house, he shouted, "Who are you? why did you come to our house?"

Park Hye suddenly heard her brother's scream and was startled, she quickly turned around and saw Ronnie and was shocked, "Ronnie, why are you here?"

When Ronnie saw Park Hye's face covered in bruises, he asked urgently, "What happened to your face? who hit you?"

Park Hye's brother had heard Ronnie's name outside the City-state, but he didn't know if it was the same person, so he looked at Ronnie and asked, "Are you the Ronnie who invented the 'Enlightenment Chip'?"

"Yes!" Ronnie nodded and then asked back, "Was it you who beat up Park Hye like that?"

"It wasn't me! it wasn't me! it was Park Hye's husband who hit him, I think his name is Barry," Park Hye's brother was busy waving his hands.

He was eager to please Ronnie and moved a wooden chair for him to sit on before talking about Park Hye. Ronnie couldn't help but frown after hearing this, he thought that this time Park Hye had been impulsive again and left the City-state in a fit of anger, and now it was impossible to go back. The new world has strict rules for entering and leaving the City-state, everyone who enters and leaves the City-state must register, and those who leave the city without registering are considered traitors and will be removed from the City-state. Ronnie had also registered when he left the city just now, and every time he registered, he had to write down the time he left the city and the time he came back, and if he didn't return on time, it would be deducted from his honor value, and the longer the time, the more it would be deducted; the last time he was kidnapped and disappeared for six years, the City-state even sent someone to verify it, so he didn't have his honor value deducted. With things as they were, he could only comfortably say, "It's okay, it's not bad out there, at least it's freer."