chapter 32

*Micha’s pov*
I walked down the hallway; I was making my way up to Killians room. When I reached it, I knocked on the door. Atticus opened it and greeted me.
“Hello, Micha! What are you here for? Do you perhaps need my help?” Atticus smiled brightly. I held back a sneer at the smell that wafted off of Atticus in waves, it was killian scent and I hated that it was Atticus who bore it and not me.
“It’s nice to see you, Atticus! I was wondering if I could follow you to the…dungeons? You go there often, and you always come back so happy. I thought it might be fun to join you?” I watched as Atticus paused and then nodded.
“Yeah, sure, I'm heading down there now actually, if you follow me then I'll show you.” atticus grabbed Micha by the hand and started walking quickly. I felt a tingle go down my spine at atticus’s touch. I almost felt..bad for deceiving him. He's been so nice to me. This whole time he’s treated em well. I mean- killian never looks at me and aamon is so cruel. Atticus is the only one who ever asks if I'm okay.
I huffed and shook my head. I shouldn't be thinking such sappy thoughts, i had a mission. I felt atticus stop, we were in front of an enormous pair of doors. I was led down and as atticus turned the corner multiple growls echoed.
“hey! You guys. Its fine. This is Micha! He's, our friend! Well, my friend, but yours by association.” again, the irritating thoughts followed me, i was his friend? I sighed quietly. Its a shame that he can't be mine. I have an agenda after all.
“Very well. He can stay, but he can’t be a distraction. You're going to keep training. Last time you fought with claw, you won. You will be put against my beta, Benjamin, but we can him Benji. His name comes from his history. He was a human before he died and reincarnated here.” Pedro explained.
“what did he do to end up here?” atticus asked.
“Atticus? You don’t ask a demon that question, if they tell you than It’s fine, but its polite to not mention it.” Pedro was reprimanded.
“Oh. Then this whole time...hey! People have been asking me this whole time!” atticus growled. “Also, I'm sorry, Benjamin.” atticus addressed the tall man. His hair was a sandy color, his hands were scratched up and a scar ran across from his left eye to his chin.
“No problem, I don’t mind.” he purred, circling around atticus.
“Actually, a few people have been down here, some servants, Reese, your new friend, and one man named conner. This is more visitors than we have had in a while.” Pedro mused. “Enough about that however, i want to see you and Benji spar.” i watched as Benji prowled around the room. He watched atticus like he was a deer. Suddenly Benji lunged at him, his teeth and claws were bare as he tackled atticus. I watched as atticus’s wings busted out; his demon form had been released to block. It was successful in throwing Benji off of him but it didn’t buy Atticus much time. Reaching for the dagger hidden in his boot Atticus fumbled to protect himself. Benji got up quickly and grabbed Atticus by the waist and flipped him over on the back. He held a jagged piece of glass to Atticus’s throat. I tensed up as I watched Atticus strain to get away. A few seconds passed and I couldn’t take it. I barreled at Benji and knocked him off Atticus. 
“Micha! Good going!” Atticus praised. I grinned at him until a felt something sliced at my side.
“Shit!” I winced as blood gathered on the wound. I looked up to see Benji grinning at me. I felt a blush rise to my cheeks as his hands slid lower. “Move you bastard...!” I pushed him off me, and Atticus wrapped a piece of cloth around his mouth. He used force to flip Benji onto his stomach.  Atticus lifted his neck and bared a black crystal dagger against his throat. Pressing the blade to his throat a drop of blood fell to the dirt floor. A loud bellow echoed.
“Tied!” Pedro raised his hand in the air. “Atticus had assistance and might not have been beaten without his friends help.” I looked at Benji again. I felt shivers run up my back when his gaze met mine. He grinned at me at brought his fingers up to his mouth. The two fingers parted, and his tongue licked between them. I turned away in admonishment. The audacity to make such a crude gesture towards me made me tense up as I felt a wave of heat rush through my stomach.
I walked quickly up to Atticus and grabbed his sleeve.
“So…Atticus? Who are these people?” I asked. Watching as Atticus chuckled, I watched him gesture to Pedro’s head. “Am I supposed to care about his head?”
“Look closer. I know his hair is fluffy.” Atticus’s egged me on.
“I narrowed my eyes and frowned. Looking closer as per Atticus’s orders, I noticed a pair of ears. I looked at Pedro’s teeth. They were sharp.
“A-Atticus? They’re…they’re werewolves!” I felt my breath catch in my throat.
“Yes. We are those from the ferren pack. You may call me Pedro, I suppose.”
I felt eyes on me and I glared at Atticus softly. “I didn’t…uh…think this would be what you were doing. How do you know you’re safe!” I frowned. The wolves around me raised their hackles.
“We do not have any plans now or in the future to hurt Atticus. It’s offensive to even think that we would hurt him. You made assumptions because you were scared. He can hold his own. He is strong.” Pedro turned up his nose and walked away. I watched Atticus sigh.
“Pedro, hey, you know that I don’t think you would hurt me, right?” Atticus called out.
“I know. But I hate when people judge us without knowing who we actually are.” Pedro hit the wall with his fist. “We have been judged for too long.”
I winced. I didn’t want to offend them, but I didn’t want Atticus hurt. I needed to return him to aamon unharmed. As per aamon’s request of course.
I glanced at Atticus and held my arms close to myself. Without a second thought I bursted out running. I opened the door and sprinted out the door, leaving Atticus alone.
Atticus’s pov
I watched as micha ran out, then I looked up guiltily at Pedro.
“I-I’m sorry.” I sighed heavily. “I didn’t know he would react like that.”
“Most people do. None of them trust us. That’s where you’re different. You accepted us immediately. Sure, you were weary of us, but that was because we were strangers, not werewolves. We have always faced hatred.” Pedro growled. I watched as his ears twisted. A hand rested on Pedro’s shoulder.” Benji looked at Pedro urgently.
“Yes?”
“I found my mate. That boy? Atticus’s friend? He’s mine.” Benji snarled, his eyes glowed in a strange manner.
“Mate?” I asked.
“Yes, mate. It’s a partner of sorts for werewolves. A destined partner. It’s not often you find them. I’m happy for you Benji. How do you plan to approach this?” Pedro turned his attention the the sandy haired man.
“I must find him! He needs to know! I can’t let him run around with so many threats around us!”
Benji looked around wildly.
“I don’t think that’s smart; you saw how scared he was.”
Benji’s ears turned down at the reminder. His mate was scared. Scared of him!
“Yes but…!” Benja hunched over miserably.
“Benja…I could…I could try to talk to him?” I offered hesitantly.
“Would you really?”  Benji’s ears perked up in interest.
“I mean…yeah, I don’t know if he will accept it, but I can try.” A smile graced my face at benji’s excitement.
“You’re a real one for that kiddo.” Benja wrapped his arm around Atticus and squeezed him tight.
I laughed softly, ignoring how the nickname brought a sad feeling to me. Iliya called me that. It’s been a while since I had seen her. I bowed, then looked at Pedro.
“I suppose I will take my leave. I need to talk to killian.”  I waved and then went to head up the stairway.
When I reached the top, I saw Micha.
“Micha? Hey….!” I watched as he looked at me with a furrowed brow.
“Mate? He’s my mate…? Atticus…I’m so so sorry I just…I can’t do it! I want….i want someone else!”
“Who do you want?” I asked.
“I-I can’t say. You would hate me.” Micha stuttered.
“I wouldn’t.” I insisted.
“You would!”
I promise, Micha, I wouldn’t.”
“Killian. I like killian. That’s why I didn’t like you to start with you. Now I can’t even have him because he wants you, not me. He never wanted me. And Aamon…. he….” Micha stopped. He looked almost as if a realization came over him. “Aamon threatened me. He says he’s gonna hurt me if you don’t save me. If you don’t help…he’s he says he’s gonna gut me and hang my insides for everyone to see.” I watched as Micha tensed up and began sobbing. He collapsed to the floor sobbing softly.
“Hey…let me get killian! He can help.” I promised.
“No! Aamon wants you! He made me swear on my magic, if someone else comes he’ll kill me! Atticus please! I’m so sorry…” I winced. I knew that I shouldn’t, killian wouldn’t want me too, but i couldn’t just leave my friend to suffer.
“Well, I’m sorry about killian, I’m not letting him go through. I love him.”  Hesitated, I breathed in nervously. “ I will save you. Aamon is a terrible man, I know that all too well. I’m so sorry Micha.”
Micha felt a wave of relief go through him. He was almost there. Almost.
“We-we can go to m-my room. He gave me a talisman. It’s w-will bring us to him.” Micha trembled.
“We need to prepare first.” Atticus admonished. “We can’t go there without supplies. Aamon will surely overpower us.”
“I have what we need. I have a bag filled with medical tools, food, enchanted cloaks, and the necessary gear.” Micha said, his voice was rushed. I frowned and then nodded. Micha must have been preparing this for a while. I let myself get dragged to Micha's room. Micha’s pulled open his closet and held an outfit out to me. I felt my face flush. It barely covered anything; it looked like slightly less slutty lingerie.
“I’m not wearing that.” A shiver ran through my spine.
“You have too!” Micha knew that Aamon wanted Atticus to be ‘dressed up’ when he got there.
“I’m not going if I have to wear that.” I growled. My tone was final.
“But-“I interrupted. “No.”
“I- “
“I said no. Do you want help or not?” My teeth gritted in irritation.
“Yes…” Micha grimaced. Aamon would have to deal with Atticus as he got him since he couldn’t be convinced by Micha.
“Good. Then I suppose you’re gonna put that away?” I sighed. “Don’t answer that. Of course you are. If you’re ready, then we can go, it shouldn’t take long. I’m sure I could negotiate with him…maybe. Besides, I could contact killian if I really wanted too.” I gestured as I explained.
“…should we go?” Micha held up the talisman. I nodded and held onto it with him. A bright light flashed before the two tumbled. A tunnel formed around the two until they dropped and fell. Straight. Onto. The. Ballroom. Floor.
Of course, there sat Aamon. I swore softly as I stood up strait. I growled in a panic and pulled micha up. Then I darted around the corner and made a run for the double doors. What stopped me was that mephisto was there, he watched as if I were prey, something to chase. It made me uncomfortable.
“Hello Atticus.” Mephisto smirked. “I don’t think killian wants you here. Does he know? Troubles at home perhaps?” He jeered.
“Shut it! Of course not. What makes you think that? Killian treats me like a prince. I’m extremely happy there! But I’m here to help a friend. He told me that Aamon was…” I hesitated “Aamon was hurting him. Controlling him. I know aamons not horrible. He didn’t treat me great, but I know he can do better!” I was bullshitting, of course, but flattery couldn’t hurt. I cursed my impulsiveness. It got me into all my bad situations. Trusting Meredith, following Aamon, taking the compass from mephisto, the list went on for longer than I would kill to admit.
“Then why ever would you leave?” Aamon purred, but his eyes told a different story. They burned with irritation.
“You forced me! Constantly, whether in bed, or in front of people. You ignored my pleas when I asked you to stop. You treated me like a toy, and not like the ‘queen’ you crowned me to be.” I clenched my fists.
“You tried to force me to sleep with you, but I know you can do better, so please…! Aamon?”
“Why should I believe that? I heard you talking to Micha there. What was it you said? That I was a cruel bastard? That I had no feelings? That you would save him from me?” Aamon leaned back and laughed.
“I didn’t say all of that!” I protested.
“Not all of it? So, you did say plenty.” My eyes widened in shock. This was a trap. Of course it was.
“Well-, no?” I tried.
“Liar.” Aamon sneered. “Though, I do have to say, good job Micha. Go home. I can take it from here.”
“What...?” I glanced at Micha. He looked petrified. We locked eyes and I saw the guilt in his gaze.
“No…! Micha? You- “I tensed.
“I’m sorry Atticus, I didn’t mean it, but…! I had too. Atticus, you must understand!” Aamon interrupted.
“Enough. I don’t have time for needless chatter. Micha brought you to me. Micha? Go. Home.” Aamon flicked his hand and a pit opened beneath Micha. “He will be back to the ice domain soon.”
“I was right. You are an awful man.” I felt his wings sprout out of my back as the irritation flooding my body gradually got worse.
“Now, that’s no way to treat him.” Mephisto laughed.
“And you!” I pointed. “Don’t get between us. You couldn’t possibly know what he has done to me.”
“You forget something Atticus. I do know. I heard everything. My compass was always listening.”
I froze.
“Mephisto? Thank you for meeting with me. If you would leave, it would be much appreciated.” Aamon’s eyes narrowed on Atticus.
“Of course, it was my pleasure, lord Aamon. I will return to my room. Thank you for your time.” Mephisto bowed.
“What were you two talking about?” I raised my eyebrow and my tail flicked back and forth in irritation.
“Now, pets don’t get to demand answers. Or anything for that matter.”
“Pet? Watch who you’re calling a pet.” I growled.
“If you had stayed put and. Been a good wife, then you wouldn’t have been reduced to a pet, emerald.” Aamon tilted his head. His hands crossed as a cruel look came over him. “Now, come here.”

Word count: 2605