~Chapter 13~

Me and Maddie had headed into the garden, and although it was still being repaired after Robotnic's attack, it had a very peaceful atmosphere. Maddie and I sat down on the grass, under the shade of a tree, and soon enough we started to talk.

"So, what made you all flustered just now?"

I tilted my head. Flustered? I'd never heard of the word before.

"What do you mean 'flustered'?" I spoke quietly.

"Well, it's where you get very... embarrassed. Your face gets red, you start to sweat, you're breathing quickens..."

"So, I was flustered earlier?..."

"Yeah... Now, may I ask what made you feel that way?..."

I paused. I wasn't sure how she'd take it if I told her about my feelings about Knuckles, but yet again, she had to find out eventually, right?

"Well..." I began, "I was sitting in the living room when Knuckles came in and sat next to me. We talked for a bit, about... random stuff, but then he hugged me. After that, he left and you came in, so... all I'm saying is that that hug might've caused me to be 'flustered'..."

After I'd finished talking, Maddie chuckled softly. Her face softened as she heard my confession, patting my shoulder gently.

"Y/n, have you considered the possibility that you're liking him a lot more than a friend?"

What am I supposed to say now?

"Well, I enjoy his company, and I get a weird feeling in my stomach whenever I see him... I guess I have considered it."

I sighed, looking away as a blush started to appear on my face. The warmth of the air here didn't help things much, either. 

Maddie smiled softly at my shyness.

"Well, Y/n, it sounds like you really like him... do you want to tell him one day?"

I nod quickly.

"Yeah, I do..."

"Well, maybe we can organise something. A little meeting, between you and him, to figure out feelings and perhaps confess some feelings too... how does that sound?"

I nodded again, looking up at Maddie with a soft smile in return.

"That... sounds quite nice actually. I trust that you'll organise something nice for the both of us."

Maggie chuckled again and stood back up.

"Well, I've got to go check in on Tom and the others. I'll see you later?"

"Yep, see you later, Maddie..."

As she left, I continued to sit on the ground, looking up the leaves above me. I sighed contently, closing my eyes and letting the gentle afternoon breeze soothe me. The day's events started to unfold again in my mind, and all the moments with Knuckles came crashing back to me as I realised.

There might be a chance of him liking me back...