7- Hot and Cold

::

::

The rest of the night was going fairly smooth as I saw the clock strike 10:00. Our last movie of the night let out at 10:05, and we were almost finished taking out the trash. After we cleaned this last theater, we would all be free to go home.

"Do you think that you and Jungkook could finish taking out the trash? If Chaeyoung and I start cleaning in 2, we'd get out sooner." Jimin offered as I looked at my phone. It was nearly 10:05, so I just sighed and nodded. Jungkook and I were spending far too much time alone today.

"I'll text you if we finish before you guys," Chaeyoung looked to me as I nodded and gave her a thumbs up. Not even three seconds later, the two disappeared from sight, leaving Jungkook and I to push the trash cart to the dumpster. We stayed silent the whole walk and quickly unloaded the bags into the smelly space. I didn't have enough energy to navigate a conversation with Jungkook. Sadly, he didn't feel the same way.

"Taehyung texted me earlier today. I told him about me beating you in Wii bowling." He sent me a teasing smile.

"Did you mention that I beat you in our rematch?" I quipped back. Jungkook's eyes rolled as he shook his head. He pulled the large door open for me to push the trash cart back into the electrical room and park it against the wall.

"He liked the idea of going bowling soon." Jungkook shifted the topic back. "He said that he doesn't have to work on Monday night, and neither do we. You should ask Chaeyoung and Jimin if they want to tag along, too."

I was so relieved he didn't dwell on his win over me that I almost forgot to respond to his comments. "Okay," I simply agreed. I didn't miss the look of surprise on his face.

I felt my phone go off in my pocket as I pulled it out and spotted a text from Chaeyoung, "They finished the theater, so we just need to clock out."

"Awesome," Jungkook sighed and I noticed him run his fingers through his hair. I tore my eyes from him as he glanced over my way in return. A small smirk appeared on his face as he started walking closer to me. I could only be thankful to the trash and sweat that was masking his cologne. "You know, when we work the same shifts, we should ride together. It'd save gas that way."

"Hell no," I responded quickly as Jungkook just laughed it off.

"Your loss. I'd let you DJ," he shrugged, but I wasn't giving in. The drive was one of the few times I didn't have to deal with him, and I wasn't about to add him to that, too.

"I'll pass," I rejected again as I looked over at him. He just continued to look down the hall as I narrowed my eyes slightly. What was his motive for asking that in the first place? Surely he didn't expect me to agree.

Once we met back up with Jimin and Chaeyoung, I gave them the rundown of the bowling plans. With a quick check of their schedules, the two eagerly agreed to go.