5- Raw Tomatoes and Uncooked Noodles

A/N: 5/10/2024- I'm listening to 12 Notes by Alec Benjamin while editing this, and I would 100% kill to hear Jungkook cover this song!! T

A/N: 5/10/2024- I'm listening to 12 Notes by Alec Benjamin while editing this, and I would 100% kill to hear Jungkook cover this song!! T.T It would fit his voice perfectly I swear...

::

In an attempt to avoid Jungkook for as long as humanly possible, I spent a few extra minutes driving aimlessly through town. A small part of me considered staying out all evening, at least until both Jungkook and Taehyung went to bed. That would quickly result in concerned calls from Taehyung. As much as I didn't want to see Jungkook, I also didn't want to feel like explaining my avoidance.

There was a chance he already knew the kind of mood I'd be in. I don't know what he and Jungkook talk about in their free time.

I stalled in front of my door for a few moments, second guessing myself with a deep frown on my face. I could just call Tae and pretend like I was hanging out with Chaeyoung, and he wouldn't know the difference. There was no need to subject myself to his company.

A louder part of me told me to suck it up. You can't just avoid him every time he does something to piss you off. Taehyung is inside, too. You will be fine.

I forced my keys in the lock and clicked it open, immediately met with the two friends sitting in the living room with controllers in their hands. They'd unhooked the Wii in order to plug an Xbox to the TV, and I didn't linger long enough to see what they were playing. Several piles of trash littered their space as if they'd both been there for hours. Jungkook hadn't been here longer than thirty minutes!

Taehyung looked up from the game as I closed the door. He sent a smile my way. "Hey Ari," his eyes followed me as I headed straight down the hallway, intent on ignoring the mess. His voice called after me. "How was work?"

"Fine," I called back as I hit the end of the hall and pushed my door open. My room welcomed me, nice and tidy just how I left it, and I swung my door closed with a little more ferocity than intended. A soft groan left my throat, and I knew Taehyung was on his way to check on me. Some days, I wish he was a worse, far less caring, older brother.

"Ari?" I heard him knock on my door before opening it slightly, "What's wrong?"

I sat down on the edge of my bed and took a deep breath. I didn't want to bother Taehyung, or spend any more time thinking about what Jungkook said to me, and I certainly didn't want Jungkook to gravitate to this conversation.

"Nothing. I didn't mean to slam the door," I lied as I stepped into my closet, "I'm going to change. You go have fun with your game."

Taehyung remained silent as I pretended to rifle through my clothes. I took a few deep breaths to keep my emotions at bay until he finally left.

"Okay," he responded, "tell me about it when you're ready to, then."

My door closed as I felt my heart twist in my chest. I didn't want to pester him over Jungkook every day, rehashing the same few complaints and grievances, but it also sucked to hide anything from him. I wanted to talk his ear off about the horrible day I'd just had, but Jungkook was his best friend. It wasn't like my past toxic friendships or crushes that he didn't know, anyway. I didn't like the fact that I wasn't talking Taehyung's ear off like I would have been if Jungkook weren't here.