10- Too Far Gone

A/N: 5/10/2024- It's been 5 years since I wrote this, 7 years since BTS filmed an episode of Run where they bowled, and I only just now watched it start to finish

A/N: 5/10/2024- It's been 5 years since I wrote this, 7 years since BTS filmed an episode of Run where they bowled, and I only just now watched it start to finish. All I have to say is... askdjghsdkfjhgfxklthgidslkjfh.
Thank you for coming to my TED talk. You can continue reading now. (and check out Episode 19 if you haven't seen it already!!)

::

It was a miracle that we hadn't been kicked out. Yet. Our second game took an incredibly long time to finish considering a certain someone couldn't handle their emotions sober. One of the employees let us extend our time long enough to finish, and Taehyung promised he and Jungkook would cover the cost.

Jungkook spent the whole rest of the game glancing my way every few seconds, and I couldn't help but notice that Hoseok caught some of them. I wanted to walk over and slap the man for doing something to further Hoseok's speculation. I didn't want any doubts in his mind right after we just met. And we were having a great time, too.

Despite having drank however much alcohol, Jungkook still pulled out with the highest score, beating Taehyung by 20 points and Jimin by 45. Hoseok almost tied with Jimin, but he missed the spare on his last frame. To make everything better, I ended up with the worst score, losing to Jennie by 9 points.

Of the two evils, I would rather owe Jungkook something over Jennie.

We all returned our equipment and made our way to the exit doors, exchanging goodbyes as we walked.

I looked at Hoseok the same time he turned to me. "I'm sorry about... all the drama," I swallowed as my face heated up, "It's so embarrassing that you saw me like that."

"It's okay," he waved it off as he sent me a soft smile, "despite all that, I had fun tonight. I wouldn't mind doing this again sometime."

I definitely would mind. This is the last time I go bowling with a large group like this. If Jennie and Jungkook had been absent, maybe things would have been fun.

"Maybe without so many other people," I laughed for a few seconds before realization hit. Hoseok looked amused as I swallowed. "You know. Cause of how long it took."

Hoseok laughed, his smile raising all the way into his eyes. "Right. Maybe just the two of us next time."

His words built confidence in me as I stood up on my tiptoes to give him a short and soft kiss on the cheek. I threw him off guard enough that his cheeks flushed. When I pulled away and looked up at him, he still hadn't recovered.

"Well," Hoseok cleared his throat and started to wave, "I'll text you."

I nodded and waved back with a smile on my face. Right before he walked through the doors, I realized that I never gave him my number, and vice versa.

"Wait! Hoseok, I never gave you my number," I started to walk his way, but he just turned around and gave me a breathtaking smile.

"I know," he winked my way.