15- Oyakodon and Mixed Signals

A/N: 5/8/24- This gif defaulted to the file name "hot-hoseok" when I saved it to my computer from Google

A/N: 5/8/24- This gif defaulted to the file name "hot-hoseok" when I saved it to my computer from Google... I laughed for a minute straight at 1AM because I was literally going to name it that myself. But fr, this gif is killing me. Don't tell my husband xP

::

Sunday was here before I knew it, and the day was off to a horrible start. My plans to ignore Jungkook's existence until my last breath were once again ruined before I could properly begin. Both guys woke up feeling sick, and Jungkook was running a fever all morning. It only got higher each time I checked it, the last result hitting the low 103F's. I forced some medicine down his throat and made us all breakfast to try and calm down.

I entered Jungkook's room more in the last hour than I had his entire stay. I brought him water, snacks, food, anything, and made a point to feel his forehead each time. My hands were always freezing, he would shove me away with a soft comment, and then I'd retreat to check on Taehyung.

Taehyung wasn't nearly as sick, but I needed him to keep my mind off of Jungkook. It was, in fact, not working.

Before I knew it, I was back in Jungkook's room to check on him yet again. He kept his soft eyes on me as I placed a fresh ice pack on his forehead, refusing to meet his gaze. I forced myself back out of the room the moment I could escape, cursing that man under my breath. He just had to get sick right before my date?

I had to remind myself it was just a fever... He'll be fine! He's probably had a hundred fevers in his lifetime. He's a grown man and can take care of himself.

I continued to reassure myself as I stood in the bathroom, staring at myself in the mirror. There was no reason to even think about Jungkook today. This day was about Hoseok and I having a good time on a date.

I managed to get ready start to finish without stopping to check on Jungkook. If I couldn't get myself under control, he was going to realize this was about more than his fever. For the first time in the last two agonizingly long days, I had an excuse to be around him again.

With my hair curled and half pulled back, a face of modest makeup, and a casual dress I hadn't worn in two years, I finally stepped out of the bathroom. The curls felt weird against my upper arms as I brushed my fingers through them, loosening them to look more natural than before.

I stepped back into Jungkook's room to check over him again, silently running the thermometer over his temple as his eyes opened to look at me. Regrettably, my attention fluttered down to his irises, both beautiful and breathtaking, only to tear away from them again.

He stared at me as the result plagued my subconscious. "103.4? Jungkook, you need to take off your sweats."

He bit his lip for a few seconds, eyes unsure. His quip back almost knocked me out of my squat and onto the floor. "Aren't you going on a date with another man?"