8- Triple Date

::

::

The three of us decided to ride together to the bowling alley. I sat in the back while Taehyung drove and Jungkook sat in the passenger's seat. I was having a nice time sitting in my thoughts as I looked out the window. Jungkook and Taehyung were both singing along to an English song playing on the radio, and things seemed so... peaceful. I closed my eyes and smiled as I enjoyed their voices singing along with the artist.

I always knew that Taehyung was a great singer, but Jungkook's voice was a surprise. I had no idea that the boy could not just sing, but that his voice was beautiful. Too bad that beautiful voice is attached to his rotten personality.

I stared at Jungkook's profile, arm and head resting against the door as if I might fall asleep. He and Tae continued singing and goofing off with every other song, expressions so bright and carefree. He turned to elbow Taehyung during a particular lyric—one I didn't catch—and our eyes locked for a moment. Before he could properly react, I closed my eyes for the rest of the drive. Their voices together could have lulled me to sleep, even with the sun beating in through the windows.

Once we made it to the bowling alley, I exited the car at a lightning speed. You know, just in case Jungkook decided to make any comments about our eye contact.

Chaeyoung stood by the entrance, and her eyes lit up in excitement to see us. She rushed up to me and tugged us away from Taehyung and Jungkook, her eyes shifting behind me a couple times.

"Hey?" I laughed as she shook my arm and leaned closer. Her voice mingled with the loud noise all around us, and I asked her to repeat herself.

"Taehyung," she said louder, eyes drifting to my brother. "He's has gotten hotter?"

"Ew," I scrunched my face, "I'm not the one to talk with about this."

She laughed and let go of my arm, "He has! Is he still single?"

I answered her question with a different one. "Jimin is coming, right?" She pursed her lips and pulled her phone out.

"Yeah. He texted me about three minutes ago saying that he's on his way." Chaeyoung looked back up. "How have things been with the three of you?"

I glanced over my shoulder to see Taehyung and Jungkook having their own conversation while staring out the front door. Taehyung smiled and waved through the glass, and Jungkook's eyes moved to me.

I bit the inside of my lip and turned back to Chaeyoung. I really can't look at him without him catching me in the act. Chaeyoung seemed to notice, and her eyebrows wiggled. "Oh? Are you two friends now?"

"No," I laughed and turned to the front windows. Our conversation died at the sound of the door opening, and a wave of nervous nausea washed over me. Jung Hoseok walked in, sending a winning smile to my two roommates, and one loud thought screamed in my head. He is much cuter in person...