6- Avenger's Endgame and Sexual Tension

::

::

The moment I walked into the theater to clock in, Chaeyoung hurried up to me with a smile on her face. Her eyes sparkled with excitement, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Hey, Chae. You look excited." I walked over to the computer and clocked in as she followed behind.

"Well, yeah! We're working together all night, and..." she leaned closer as if she worried someone might overhear. "...we're working with the hot new guys."

"Oh my God," I rolled my eyes as Chaeyoung just laughed and walked out of the back room with me. We both crossed the lobby, personal cups in our hands, and stood side by side while filling our drinks for the cleaning shift. "There is nothing exciting about that."

"What?" Chaeyoung's voice jumped and octave. "Don't forget that Jimin is completely innocent, and also available."

A scoff left my mouth. "Yeah, I'm sure he's jumping at the idea of me, Jungkook's 'ex', being on the market. If I were him, I wouldn't date me."

"I'm sure you could explain the truth to him," Chaeyoung tried to reason as she popped the lid on her cup and took a sip. "Seriously, Ari. If you and Yoongi aren't gonna make any moves on each other, I would get to know Jimin a little better!"

I snapped the lid on my cup as well before grabbing a few napkins to clean off the drink counter. After throwing away several pieces of stray trash, Chaeyoung's voice caught my attention again.

"Jungkook's here." She leaned against the counter as I shamelessly turned to look at the front doors. Surely enough, Jungkook pushed through the second set of doors and sent a few smiles and waves to any co-workers on his way in. He stopped in front of the concessions counter to say something to Yoongi before turning around to face Chaeyoung and I.

I took a deep breath as our eyes locked from across the room, and to my surprise, he sent a wave our way. I kept my hands around my cup, but Chaeyoung reciprocated with a little too much enthusiasm. He turned away from us to walk back the way he came, disappearing in the back room to clock in.

"I have a quick question before we start the night," Chaeyoung caught my attention as I tore my eyes away from the door. "If I were to flirt with Jungkook, would you disown me?"

"Yes," I quickly answered, "You'd have better luck with Jimin."

As if my words were magic, the guy in question walked in the front doors. He sent us a slight wave, and both of us responded in unison. He also disappeared into the backroom, and Chaeyoung stood in front of me.

"I wanted you to flirt with Jimin." She was almost whining over it, but she didn't look opposed. "You know, maybe you'll have better luck. After what happened with Yoongi..."

I took a deep breath and looked away. It had been a while since I allowed myself to dwell on my love life and how dry and deserted it was, but Chaeyoung's good spirited comments pulled them all back out of me.