11- What Actually Happened

::

::

"Hey Tae," I smiled as Jungkook and I walked in the door. Taehyung seemed to be a little more tense than normal, and I felt worry bubble in my stomach. I moved to sit down on the couch next to him. He tried to give me a smile, but I could tell that it was forced.

"Is everything okay?" I asked as Taehyung took a deep breath. I looked over at Jungkook who looked just as concerned.

"Well, work was horrible, to say the least," Taehyung bitterly laughed as I frowned and grabbed his hand to comfort him, "It's my own fault, really. I kinda deserved it."

"I doubt that very seriously," I briefly squeezed his hand, "Just tell us what happened."

"Jennie..." Taehyung started, and I stiffened. I almost forgot that they work together. And that she's Taehyung's manager.

My eyes shifted to Jungkook as he sat on the smaller couch. He leaned back to listen, eyes trained on the window across from him. I turned my attention back to Taehyung as he continued.

"...It's clear she wants me fired," Taehyung took a deep breath. Both Jungkook and I stared at him in surprise. "The other assistant manager, Hana, stuck up for me. So now they are at odds with each other. All because of me."

I huffed, "No. This is just Jennie being petty." I could feel Jungkook's eyes shift to me. "And the rest of the staff better be on your side," I knocked his shoulder with my own. "Hoseok and Hana at the very least."

"Hoseok is just as irritated with her," Taehyung turned to look at me. "Speaking of, we talked about you today."

Jungkook and I simultaneously stiffened.

"What'd he say?" I was dying to look Jungkook's way, but I resisted. Taehyung was bound to notice if I did.

"He said he'd text you when he got home tonight." Taehyung smiled and knocked my shoulder in return. "Has he done it yet?"

I glanced at my phone, but I didn't have any messages. I couldn't help but feel a little nervous. Hoseok wouldn't lie to Taehyung, would he? Not when I could immediately disprove it.

"Yeah!" I lied as I glanced at Jungkook discreetly. He was staring down at his phone, pretending to not listen. I flicked my eyes away before Taehyung could comment. "I didn't think anything of it, but he sent one a bit ago. It was from an unknown number, so I didn't open the message."

"I'm so happy for you," Taehyung ruffled my hair as I pouted and moved away from his hand.

"Thanks," I didn't want to keep up the lie. I decided to retreat before Taehyung asked anymore questions. "I'm going to my room to change. Don't bother me."

"Wasn't planning on it," Jungkook chimed in. I tried to keep my reaction neutral as Taehyung laughed. Our eyes locked for a split second, and I could feel my cheeks heating. I nearly stumbled over the couch on my way out of the living room.