✿ 2 ✿

Hie Barbies
________________________________________

TAE'S POV-

I woke up to the blaring sound of my alarm, my heart immediately lurching with panic as I realized I had overslept. Shit. Today was the day of my interview, and I couldn't afford to be late.

With a sense of urgency coursing through my veins, I scrambled out of bed and raced to the bathroom, barely sparing a glance at my disheveled appearance in the mirror. There was no time for my usual morning routine, every second counted now.

As I hastily brushed my teeth and splashed water on my face, my mind raced with a million thoughts. How could I have overslept on the most important day of my life? What if I missed my chance to impress the interviewers? Am I fucking idiot? Or my alarm is fucking idiot? Let this sit but what would happen if i loose this chance, The mere thought made my stomach churn with anxiety.

Quickly throwing on the first set of clothes I could find, I cursed under my breath as I struggled to knot my tie properly. Why did everything have to go wrong today of all days?

I groaned in frustration as I hastily pulled on a presentable outfit, my fingers fumbling with the buttons in my rush. How could I have been so careless as to oversleep on the most important day of my life? ARGHHH so frustrating.

Tears of frustration welled up in my eyes as I cursed myself for my stupidity, the weight of my mistake bearing down on me like a ton of bricks. How could I face the interviewer now, knowing that I had already messed up before the day had even begun?

But as I caught sight of my reflection in the mirror, my heart sank even further. I looked like a mess, with my hair tousled and my eyes red-rimmed from lack of sleep.

How could anyone take me seriously in this state?

With a bitter laugh, I wiped away the fake tears that had gathered in my eyes, berating myself for my melodramatic tendencies. Crying wouldn't solve anything; I had to pull myself together and face the consequences of my actions.

Taking a deep breath, I squared my shoulders and forced myself to focus. There was no time for self-pity now, I had a job interview to attend, and I couldn't afford to let my emotions get the best of me.

With a final glance in the mirror, I plastered on a  smile and headed out the door, determined to make the best of a bad situation. Whatever happened, I would face it head-on and give it my all.

As I descended the stairs, the sound of my parents' voices grew louder, their words punctuated by playful jabs and laughter. But as I reached the bottom step, i giggled as I realized they were once again engaged in one of their silly fights.

Ignoring their antics, I hurried past them, my mind consumed by thoughts of the impending interview. I couldn't afford to get distracted now, not when my future hung in the balance.

Without a word, I dashed out the door, the cool morning air hitting me like a slap in the face. My parents were too caught up in their bickering to notice my hasty departure, their voices fading into the background as I put distance between myself and the chaos of home.

As I settled into the driver's seat, the familiar hum of the engine reverberated through the car, a stark contrast to the chaos of my thoughts. Without a moment's hesitation, I started the car, the engine roaring to life as I pressed down on the accelerator a bit too eagerly.

The car lurched forward, the tires screeching against the pavement as I navigated the familiar streets of my neighborhood. My foot pressed down harder on the gas pedal, a surge of adrenaline coursing through my veins as I pushed the car to its limits.