✿ 8 ✿

Hie Barbies
________________________________________

AUTHOR'S POV

Jungkook sat at his desk, the weight of yesterday's argument with Tae still heavy on his mind. He couldn't shake the feeling of guilt, knowing he must have said things that drove Tae away. But deep down, he also questioned his own emotions from yesterday. Why did tae felt so possessive when that woman was staring at him? Why did he react so strongly? These thoughts swirled in his mind as he stared blankly at his computer screen, unable to focus on his work.

Meanwhile, Tae lay in his bed, still tangled in the thoughts that had kept him awake all night. He wasn't absent from work because of yesterday's argument alone. There was something deeper at play, something he couldn't quite put his finger on. Why did he feel such a surge of jealousy when he saw that woman looking at Jungkook? And why did he care so much about what Jungkook thought of him?

Lost in their own thoughts, both Jungkook and Tae found themselves at a standstill, unable to move forward until they confronted the tangled web of emotions between them.

Tae snapped out of his reverie when he heard a continuous knocking at door. He sighed heavily and stood up from his bed, dragging himself to the door. Opening it, he was met with the concerned gaze of his father, tae immediately hugged his dad

"Dad..." Tae murmured, his voice muffled against his father's chest. His father hugged him back worrying about his bear.

"What's been going on with you, Tae? You seem so distant lately, and you weren't yourself yesterday or today''...he asked concerned . Tae hesitated, unsure how to articulate the whirlwind of emotions churning inside him.

"It's... it's nothing, Dad. Just some work stuff''...he replied, attempting to brush off his father's concern.

"Tae, I know when something's bothering you. You can talk to me, you know that''...But his father wasn't convinced.

Tae sighed, knowing he couldn't keep everything bottled up forever. With a heavy heart, he began to recount the events of the past few days, from the tense encounter with Jungkook and their heated argument to the confusing emotions that had been plaguing him ever since.

As he poured out his feelings to his father, Tae felt a weight lifting off his shoulders. His father listened intently, offering words of comfort and understanding. And in that moment, Tae realized that he didn't have to face his struggles alone. With his father's unwavering support, he felt a glimmer of hope that things would eventually get better.

"Bear, you're in love''... he stated matter-of-fact, Namjoon smiled warmly and ruffled Tae's hair affectionately. Tae's eyes widened in disbelief, and he immediately protested.

"No way, Dad! It's not like that''... he insisted, but Namjoon just chuckled.

"Come on, Tae. I've seen the way you light up when you talk about going to the office, how you rant about him to your mom, and let's not forget those moments when you blush for no apparent reason. And now, you're telling me you got jealous just because some woman was staring at him? Tae, it's obvious that you're in love''... Namjoon pointed out gently, his words sinking in as Tae processed the truth of them.

Jin, who had overheard the conversation from the doorway, couldn't resist stepping in with a wide smile.

"My baby is in love"... he exclaimed, his eyes twinkling with amusement. Tae whined in protest, feeling overwhelmed by the realization dawning on him.

"But Dad, it's... it's complicated''....he muttered, unsure of how to process his newfound feelings. Namjoon placed a comforting hand on Tae's shoulder.