✿ 12 ✿

Hie Barbies
________________________________________

AUTHOR'S POV-

Some days later-

Tae approached Jungkook's desk, needing his signature on some important papers. Jungkook was busy on the phone, his hands occupied by holding it to his ear. Tae stood patiently by his side, waiting for a moment when Jungkook would be free to sign the documents.

As Jungkook finished signing, Tae eagerly reached out to collect the papers from the table. In his haste, he misjudged his step and tripped, tumbling forward. Before he could hit the ground, he landed on Jungkook, their chests colliding, and their faces mere inches apart. For a brief moment, their breaths hitched simultaneously, the tension palpable in the air as they found themselves in such close proximity.

Jungkook wrapped his arm around Tae's waist, his attention fully on Tae despite the ongoing phone call. Ignoring the conversation, Jungkook placed his phone on the desk, focusing entirely on Tae, who was flustered from the fall. As Tae attempted to stand up, he stumbled again and ended up in Jungkook's lap. With a smirk, Jungkook tightened his embrace, wrapping both arms securely around Tae's waist and resting his chin on Tae's shoulder from behind, eliciting a flurry of butterflies in Tae's stomach.

"Jungkook-shh, call me the name you were using that night''...Jungkook whispered, his warm breath tickling Tae's ear. Tae paused, considering the request, before remembering the nickname.

"Kookie... you called me Kookie''.... jungkook replied, his expression morphing into one of surprise.

"Why?"....Tae inquired, leaning into Jungkook's embrace, finding comfort in his warmth.

"It just sounds so good coming from you, baby''....Jungkook confessed, tightening his hold on Tae, who blushed at the endearment.

"Tae''....Jungkook called out, capturing Tae's attention.

"Hmm?"...Tae responded, meeting Jungkook's gaze.

"I love you''.... Jungkook declared suddenly, unable to contain his feelings any longer. He poured out his heart, confessing his love that had been growing for years, even from their college days. Tae looked back not believing what he is hearing he searched Jungkook's eyes, finding nothing but sincerity and admiration.

"Is it a prank?"... Tae whispered, overwhelmed by the sudden confession.

"No, baby, it's not. I've loved you for so long, Tae, through all the years we've been apart. I missed you terribly, and I finally realized that I'm deeply in love with you''....Jungkook reassured him, his voice filled with sincerity and emotion. Tae felt tears welling up in his eyes, moved by Jungkook's heartfelt words.

"Don't cry, take your time. I just couldn't live with these feelings anymore''.... Jungkook said softly, gently wiping away Tae's tears. Tae leaned into Jungkook's touch, wrapping his arms around him and burying his face in the crook of Jungkook's neck.

"Why would I need time when I love you too?"....Tae murmured, his voice muffled against Jungkook's skin. Jungkook's eyes widened in disbelief at Tae's admission, a mix of joy and relief flooding his heart. Tae nodded, a warm smile gracing his lips, and Jungkook pulled him into another tight embrace, holding him close.

''Really tae?''... jungkook asked unable to contain his happiness while tae hummed sending vibrations to jungkook's skin.

''If you loved me all this time, then why did you tease me so much?"..,Tae pouted, looking up at Jungkook with a playful glint in his eyes