Chapter 7: The training

( I have made a few changes to the layout, 1st I am going to try to find a song to accompany each chapter, whether the lyrics match or just the vibe I'll look for one for every chapter. 2nd I've changed the layout for the date/time thing so it may look different, thanks to everyone who is reading XX)

The Night We Met (Lord Huron) -

Your eyes were filled with tears when you had not touched me yet,

Oh! take me back to the night we met. 

I had all and then most of you some and now none of you, 

take me back to the night we met,

 I don't know what I'm supposed to do, Haunted by the ghost of you.

~~~

June 19th 1973

7 Tenebris Lane 

11:57 AM

The students of Beauxbatons loved the weekend. Unlike Hogwarts, the students were sent home 2 days a week, to get time to talk to their families and spend time however they pleased.

Katherine however hated the weekends. while her relationship with her parents had improved drastically another person roamed her house who she despised, who she would do anything possible to get away from.

He was constantly seeking the girl out, asking her whether she was strong enough for another lesson, urging her to be more motivated to become a stronger witch.

Katherine sat in the library, a tattered book in her hand reading 'The Comedy of Errors' with her brow furrowed and legs curled into her chest, wishing that the sound of the adults arguing downstairs would fade into the background leaving her with peace.

It had been like that lately, her parents found that Tom was moving too fast with her training, that she was becoming too powerful to the point where overpowering her father was becoming an increasing reality something which neither of her parents wanted.

Abandoning all efforts of reading Katherine got out of the large armchair she was sitting in and walked towards the living room, the angry voices getting louder and louder with every step.

Katherine stood in the room beside the adults, pressing her ear up against the walls, listening to the echoing voices.

"she is just a child!" A feminine voice squeaked out, "She shouldn't be learning an unforgivable!".

the other voice was muffled, speaking in a much lower tone, "She will be married within 4 years, that hardly constitutes a child".

Katherine frowned, pushing her ear up closer to the wall, wondering what was happening beyond the wall.

"she has no use for the imperius curse, not until the war" a man that could only be Polonius barked.

a masculine chuckle echoed into the room Katherine was in, bouncing off the gray walls, "the war is already apon us Polonius, dont be daft".

"daft? you want to teach a 14 year old girl to control someones mind and im daft?!" her father shouted.

"I would say so, fighting with me is a very daft thing to do".

Silence fell in the room over and Katherine jumped away from the wall worried that the door would swing open and expose her spying, the thick oak door however, stayed shut.